10 - You're on your period (Ashton)

I'm gonna start naming the chapters after what's happening in them, so you don't have to guess.😂

~

Ashton had been out doing interviews with the band since the early morning.
By the time you had woken up today, he had already been gone and he wasn't there to comfort you or help you.

Your cramps had started, your period had come. And you hated it, especially when they were so bad that you couldn't even get up to get one of the hot-water bottles in the shapes of cute animals that Ashton had gotten you a whole selection of a few months ago.

You kept mumbling his name every few minutes, trying to curl in on yourself more on the bed to make the pain lessen but it didn't work.
Silent tears were filling the corners of your eyes and you cursed whoever had come up with periods and thought that they were a great idea.
They were stupid.

"Y/N?", you suddenly heard and you were so relieved at hearing his voice, knowing you weren't alone anymore now, that you let out a loud sob.

"Y/N!", his voice sounded alarmed and you could hear him hurrying over to you, before you saw him kneeling down next to you on the bed.

"Hey, hey", he whispered, "What's going on, love?"

You tried to speak up but another cramp strung through you and all that came out was another sob.

But Ashton must have noticed the way you were holding your stomach, clutching onto it tightly.

"Oh baby", he mumbled, his eyes looking sorry, "That time of the month?"

You nodded your head slowly.

"Wait here, I'll be right back", he gave you a small kiss to the forehead and before you could say anything he was out the bedroom door.

You tried to hide your face in the pillows, while he was gone, trying to drown out the sobs still escaping you, but it wasn't working too well. After a while, you someone stroking your head, softly playing with you hair.

"Hey, Y/N", his voiced carefully whispered from right next to you, "I'm back."

"Hm?", you slowly lifted your head again.
"I have a hot-water bottle for you here and some tea and candy, didn't know what candy you're feeling like, so I brought different options -"

"But Ash", you glanced at the mess of candy he had literally dumped onto the nightstand, then back to the hot things in his hands, "It's way too warm for tea."

He smiled,his dimples appearing.
"I know, but it helps. So drink it for me?"

You wanted to say no, but you couldn't have resisted his bright big hazel eyes.
Slowly, and wirh pained whimpers and encouraging words from Ashton, your uncurled yourself.

Once you had done so, your boyfriend quickly placed the hot water bottle in the shape of a kangoroo to your belly and held it there for you. Then he laid down next to you, cuddling into your side.

It made you giggle a little, how funny it looked, while he was still holding the tea cup in one hand, desperately trying not to spill anything.

"Hey", he giggled back.

"Can I drink that later, maybe?", you quietly asked, turning to your side and snuggling into his chest, "I promise, I will."

"Of course, Y/N",he placed it on the nightstand, "Do you just wanna cuddle for a bit? I can rub your back, until you fall asleep."

You shook your head against his chest.
"Don't wanna fall asleep."

"I know you don't, but it's best to sleep right now, love", he kissed your head again, while his hand started drawing small circles on your back.
"I know that as much as I try to help, it won't really work."

"No, Ash.", you lifted your head, pressing a kiss to his chin, "I'm so thankful you're here, don't say that."

He only hummed in response, both of you laying on the bed in silence for a few minutes.

Then you suddenly jumped heavily, Ashton almost rolling of the side of the bed from how much he had gotten scared.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry", you sobbed.
A heavy cramp had hit you, seemingly trying to destroy your insides.

"No, please don't apologize, Y/N"

His grip around you tightened, making you feel even safer with his strong arms wrapped around you.

"You know what", another kiss to your forehead, "I'll tell you a little about my day, until you fall asleep, yea?"

"I love hearing about your day", you whispered.
The tears were freely running down your cheeks now and a few months ago all you would have worried about was getting Ashton's bedsheets wet, but now you knew he only cared about you and he - as he had said once - 'didn't give the tiniest shjt about the damn bedsheets'.

"I know" he responded and shifted a little to make the hot water bottle that was pressed between both of you stomachs shift upwards a bit.

So Ashton began telling you about his day.

"We played this really fun game in one of the interviews today. Well, it wasn't really an interview, more like just a game. Mike had to make a little stuffed unicorn talk, Calum was beatboxing, Luke read my mind, you know, and I tried to do hula hoop."

"I - what?", you stared up at him in confusion.

"Yup", he giggled, "Believe it or not, I'm telling you the truth."

You just smiled, shaking your head, before you hid it in his warm chest again.

"Was kinda difficult to get that huge ring going with my matrix coat on, but I think I was pretty good at it. And through the whole interview I kept thinking of how much I wanna show you.", you could hear the grin on his face as he continued, "I'm sure I could impress you with my yodeling."

Antoher harsh cramp struck you, but this time Ashton was prepared and immediately rubbed around your sides to help you get through the pain.

"I love you, you know. So much. And I think of you all day. When I'm not with you, I always think of how I can't wait to come back to you."

"Really?", you whispered, his voice startjng to help you calm down. Your tears had already lessened and your wet eyes were starting to droop a little.

"Of course, darling"

"You mean the world to me.", he whispered.
"You're my everything. I want you by my side for as long as you'll have me, I'm so thankful for every second I get to spend with you."

"And I'll always be right beside you, when yiu wake up.", he mumbled and that was the last thing you heard, before you managed to fall asleep. Thick arms around you were holding you close, making everything feel a little less painful and as he had said: he would be there when you woke up.