13 - You can sew? (Ashton)

This was inspired by Ashton cutting his sleeves off his shirts on tour. enjoy ❤️

You had gotten off work early today, so Ashton didn't know you were coming back home.

Often, when you entered your shared house, you would already hear your boyfriend's drumming echo from the walls or music playing. But today, everything was silent. Maybe he's sleeping or writing on some songs, you thought.

In case, he was really sleeping, you walked up the stairs as quietly as possible towards the livingroom and combined kitchen.

He was not sleeping. Instead, you found him sitting on the floor between his couches, legs crossed ans humming to himself quietly. What surprised you, though, were the scissors that looked tiny in his right hand and one of his shirts in his left.

He was cutting around on it happily, his humming just barely louder than the sounds if the blades cutting throught cloth.

"Ash", you called from the doorway and his head shot up quicker than when you had surprised him on tour. His eyes were wide, the humming and scissors came to an abrupt stop and overall he looked like he had just been caught doing something, well, not entirely legal.

"What are you doing?", you asked, confusion clear in your voice.

"I uh- I'm cutting... my shirt?", it sounded more like a question, than an answer.

"Ash, that shirt was 300 dollars"

He bit his lip, a blush spreading on his cheeks and mumbled something you couldn't understand.

"Huh?", you asked dumbly.

"I said, I'm just... you know, cutting off the sleeves"

"Why would you do that?"

He looked down at his shirt at the still confused tone of your voice, long fingers fumbling with the gray fabric.

"The sweating isn't as bad when it has no sleeves", he admitted, refering to when he was playing the drums.

"Why don't you just buy sleeveless shirts then?"

His eyes met yours again, he had noticed the fond smiled in your voice. You were still a little confused, but mainly you just wanted to kiss his cheek now and tell him what a little dumbass he was. You just got this urge to squish his cheeks and cuddle him and call him cute, which he hated. And he could see that you were about to do it again in the next five seconds.

"I'll sew the edges", he said to distract you and pointed to a roll of thread and a needle stuck into it on the orange couch behind him.

The distraction worked.

"You can sew?"

He blushed again. "I mean, not really, I can just barely make it presentable"

"So you can sew", you stated. It was typical for Ashton that he would say he could only 'barely' do something when actually he was good at it.

"Don't embarrass me, Y/N", he grinned with his cheeks still red.

"Aw, sorry", you laughed, taking his chin with two of your fingers and pressing a soft kiss to the side of his mouth.

He furrowed his eyebrows when you immediately pulled away after the hardly real kiss, then following your face with his to try and get another kiss.

"Nuh-uh, you'll get distracted and cut your fingers", you grinned, pushing him back again with your hand on his forehead.

He pouted for second, grunting quietly, before it was replaced by a smile and he finished cutting off the first sleeve.

"So you'll just watch me do this?", he asked.

You shrugged and it was your turn to blush. "Maybe I think it's just a tiny bit hot..."

"Oh yeah?", he grinned, dimples indenting his cheeks deeply. He wiggled his eyesbrows in a stupid suggestive looking way and made another cut. "You like that?", he asked in a purposely weird voice.

"Shut up", you laughed and pushed him, which almost caused him to actually cut one of his fingers.

And you definitely weren't ready for when he picked up the tiny needle, trying to get the thread through it for a good six minutes, before he started sewing the edges. His tongue was sticking out of his mouth, eyes focused intently on the sleeve until he had finished both sides and proudly presented the new shirt to you, looking at you from behind it and seeking your approval on it.

"I think you gotta test it on the drums", you said and your boyfriend was already running down the stairs towards his basement, before you could even get up. You heard loud noises, he had tripped dow a few steps and you laughed. Sometimes, Ashton was really an idiot.