𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX'lust'

CHAPTER SIX
'lust'

⎈ ⎈ ⎈

I WAS MAD at conrad and conrad was mad at me. it was like that for a month. i wouldn't go to any parties with my friends, i'd stay home if the option was there, i just couldn't risk seeing his face, because i'd apologize. i knew i was a little out of line, but i couldn't let my guard down, because i was right about some things. he was so back and forth, but if i let him back in so easily, he'd know that i'll always have open arms for him, which i don't.

it was august 7th when i had seen conrad for the first time in a month. i was sitting on the beach, a new book in hand. this time, it was "the seven husbands of evelyn hugo". i didn't have my airpods in. it was a particularly gloomy day in cousins beach, the clouds covering the sky. the sound of the violent waves crashing into each other creating the perfect background noice, though it was loud.

i was concentrating on my book when what seems like a bucket of sand was dumped on it. i turned around to see conrad walking away, his hands in his pockets.

"what the hell was that for?"

he slowly turned around to face me, "what are you talking about?"

"you just kicked sand at me." i scoffed.

"no i didn't."

"yes. you did."

"i think the fall really did some damage to your head," he instigated.

"suck my dick," i spat.

he started walking back towards me, angrily. he marched up to me, and kicked sand directly at me.

"you're such a fucking baby." i jabbed. he was pissing me off, but what's new?

he rolled his eyes, "says the one who tell off a tree."

and that's when i stood up, and slapped him across the face. i felt like i was in a movie.

and in response, he hit my book out of my hands.

"oh my god," i said as i ran my fingers through my hair. "whatever you have to say to me, just say it, conrad!"

"i already said everything to you in that hospital!"

i shook my head, "clearly you didn't,"

"i can't go like someone if i'm not on good terms with myself yet, julianna. i didn't wanna hurt you!" he snapped.

i paced around in circles, "you hurt me more by being so fucking bipolar towards me! pick a side, conrad! do you like me or do you hate me?"

"i don't know!" he boomed. "i don't know, julie, i have no fucking clue."

that's when it started to rain, but the cold felt good, since my cheeks were insanely hot and red from arguing with conrad.

i took a step back, "i don't know what to say to you right now."