𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN'playing house'

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
'playing house'

⎈ ⎈ ⎈

THE MOST amazing feeling is waking up and realizing that everything that happened the night prior was real and not a dream.

i wake up on the couch, my back to conrad and his arms wrapped around me. my mind replays everything that happened last night and i smile to myself.

i gently free myself from conrad's grasp and make my way up to his bedroom where it all went down. clothes scattered on the floor, an empty condom wrapper, my underwear... his once clean room now looked like a whore house. i put on my underwear and leggings and i already had on his dark blue tshirt from last night that he wore before it all... happened. i slide on my shoes and put my hair into a low ponytail.

i open the camera app on my phone and i audibly gasp when i see an absurd amount of hickeys on my neck, collarbone, and i'm sure other places. i quickly put on the berry colored hoodie i borrowed last night and make my way downstairs. i leave a quick note on the whiteboard they keep in the kitchen.

GOING 2 GET FOOD, BE BACK IN A SEC

i draw a bunch of hearts at the bottom and leave the board on the coffee table for conrad to see when he wakes up. i silently leave the house and start walking to the gas station.

it's 11am so i don't fear running into any of my friends, and my moms think i'm at sydney's. the walk to the gas station isn't that long, so i'm not too upset i don't have my airpods to listen to music.

once i finally arrive at the gas station, i browse every isle before i make my choices. two peach redbulls, a box of lucky charms, a frozen pizza, and a big bag of jolly ranchers.

after i pay, i walk out the doors of the gas station and i see sydney, filling her car up with gas. oh shit. i quickly put my hood on and try to walk past her undetected but it's impossible, sydney has incredible eyesight.

"ummm, julie!? what the fuck are you doing here? and... who's hoodie is that?" she questions.

i awkwardly laugh and try to think of an excuse, this hoodie is too big to be my own or any of my friends, and i have no men in my life i could blame it on. i quickly blurt out, "it's cam's! the hoodie is cam's!"

"what about me?" i hear someone say from behind me. my face turns bright red as i turn around and i'm met with none other than cam. my ex. my perfect, sweet, ex boyfriend.

"cam! hi! long time... uh, long time no see." i give him a soft smile.

"julianna!" he starts. hardly anyone calls me by my full name, and it stings to hear it come out of his mouth. "yeah, it's- it's been forever!"