she hits like ecstasy

PAIRING: padawan!anakin skywalker x padawan!reader

SUMMARY: Between dealing with the aftermath of Obi-Wan's talk with the Senator and Anakin's intrinsic nature to brew trouble, you chose to come with your fellow Padawan, fully aware of the punishment it would entail.

"Are you sure we're not going to be in trouble?"

Anakin puffs his chest, side-eyeing you as if the notion of Obi-Wan's scolding can stop him from exploring, "If you're so scared of Master Obi-Wan, you're always welcome not to come, Y/N."

Your gaze shifts to the back of Obi-Wan's head, clearly engaged in a heated discussion with your employer – a politician. It is not a hidden fact that Obi-Wan abhors dealing with politicians which left you to wonder why your Master even accepted the mission in the first place.

Anakin's steps are deliberate and slow, knowing you are heavily weighing the options before you. He can't stop the grin from exploding on his face once he hears your hurried shout, "Wait for me, Anakin!"

He cocks a brow. "I thought you didn't want to get in trouble?"

You grimace, crossing your arms. "I don't want to deal with a seething Obi-Wan, thank you very much."

Anakin cackles, handing a handful of credits to an overjoyed Twi'lek, who is very much eager to show off an exhibit of airspeeders.

"What are you doing?"

He ignores you in favor of checking out airspeeders – one that would suit his liking. Anakin dramatically jumps on top of an XJ-6 model, watching as he switches the control, the machine purring into life.

Anakin looks at your still figure, groaning. "We can't exactly explore the planet on foot, Y/N."

In all your years of knowing Anakin and his relationship with mischief and trouble you can't help but second-guess your decision in joining him. But then again, it's not every day that you're both presented an opportunity to have fun by yourselves without Obi-Wan's watchful gaze.

"Alright, Skywalker. Where are we going?"

He cheers, speeding into the unknown streets. "I heard locals talking about an abandoned beach. I figured we could look into it."

"Are you sure it's safe?" You're met with silence. Pinching the bridge of your nose, you reprimand his stellar decision-making. "It's abandoned for a reason, Anakin."

"Who are you, Obi-Wan?" He leaves one hand on the wheel, gathering your right arm to place directly over his lap. "Listen, if it's dangerous I'll promise not to... engage. "

You roll your eyes, welcoming his touch. "As if you can't stop yourself from rushing into trouble."

Anakin winks at you, his golden locks fluttering in the air as the bustling city gives way to a vast area of sand and cerulean waves violently crashing into the land. Breathless, you stand up from your seat, completely taking him aback. With your eyes closed, you breathe in the smell of salt water and feel the wind kiss your skin.

Anakin marvels at you, drinking in the sight of your beautiful smile. He sputters when he feels that strange yet familiar emotion choking him every time he sees you – the loud pounding of his heart in his ears and the whooshing of his stomach as if his Master force-punched him in the gut.

Still in his bubble of thought, you jump off the speeder, shedding your boots to feel the sand under your feet. "I'll race you there Mister Chosen One!"

He snaps out of his stupor, finding the seat beside him empty and the abandoned beach inhabited by none other than your beige robes, an impish grin on your face as you charge towards the water.

Anakin shakes his head fondly, shutting off the main power source to hurry after you, boots forgotten in the driver's seat. He sees your abrupt pause, worry immediately taking over his features as he wills himself to sprint faster.

"Y/N?! What's wrong?" He turns you, hands gripping your shoulders to assess your being. "Did something happen? Are you alright?"

Tilting your head, you giggle at the utter confusion marring his boyish looks. You take his calloused hands, tugging him down to sit next to you. He audibly gulps once you rest your head on his broad shoulder, humming low in your throat.

And the sight before him takes his breath away. A sun and moon meet in the middle, tangled in a lover's embrace. The light and dark coexisting within the same plane.

"Thanks for bringing me here, Anakin."

He blinks, shifting to look at you. The corner of his lips curves in a smile seeing you drift to sleep. Anakin whispers softly against your hair, trusting the sky will not betray him, "I love you, Y/N."

Your fellow Padawan doesn't tell you that you both got in trouble just as expected. You're still sleeping in his arms when Anakin sped back to the city – back to a furious Obi-Wan who stops short upon seeing your resting form.

Instead of lashing out, he sighs. "Did you at least had fun?"

Anakin answers him, lowering you on the bed with a fond look pressed in his features, "We did."

CROSS POSTED ON ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN