[Love, Missions and Mops] Angus MacGyver

For Kaitlyn Alexander, life was never easy. Specifically when she's a Pheonix agent and dating one of your co-workers.

One minute, she could be seated devouring a meal on a date, the next, she could be dodging bullets when doing her job. Plus a secret relationship. Life was and still is never the easiest. But, life is never easy. It is like a one-way route down a two-way street.

Location; Pheonix Foundation, Los Angeles, USA 

Time; 10:37 

Date; 24th June 2022

Kaitlyn and Mac walked into Pheonix, hand in hand, but quickly separated as they realised that they were called in for a reason, so made their way to the war room, acting as composed as possible.

When they reached the war room both Mac and Kaitlyn were surprised to be the only ones there, but not for long as Matty walked in, followed by Bozer, lab coat still on, and Riley, laptop in hand.

"Alright, now that Blondie and The Walking Dictionary have arrived, can we get on with this?" Matty asked, a stern look on her face. Kaitlyn gave a small nod as Matty clicked a button on the screen in front of them. An image of a man showed up. Silver hair, long face, dark, evil-looking eyes. The classic terrorist.

"This is Mikal Rusinski, and he used the head of a top drug smuggling ring." Matty said, pacing the room "Other teams in Pheonix have been trying to catch him for years since he retired. So, tonight will be our chance to try and catch him at a party in LA."

"So basically, you want us to go to this party and get him so we can bring him back here to interrogate," Riley says, butting in.

"Yes, but you will need dates." Matty says before handing out files "Riley, you will be going as Mac's date, and Kaitlyn, you will be going as Bozer's." Mac looked over, across the room at Kaitlyn, a sad smile on his face.

"Now go." Matty says "A Pheonix plane is waiting for you at a runway, to take you all to Edinburgh. Your outfits will be supplied when you get there." And like that, all four scurried out of the war room under the watchful eye of Matty.

Location; Old Waverly Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland 

Time; 17:19 

Date; 24th June 2022

When the four had gotten to LA and checked into their hotel, Mac soon heard a knock on his door. He looked through the peephole and saw Kaitlyn looking awkward and fidgeting in the hallway. Mac then flew open the door and swamped Kaitlyn in a hug and kissed the top of her head. 

"Hey," Kaitlyn mumbled into Mac's chest as he embraced her slim figure.

"Hey, what's wrong Katie?" Mac questioned, bringing Kaitlyn inside the hotel room.

Kaitlyn softly punched Mac's arm and mumbled something about her just wanting to hug.

"I'm just upset that on the one time we could go undercover as a couple and just be ourselves, we can't, otherwise we could blow our cover," Kaitlyn said, sitting down all while laying her head on Mac's shoulder.

"Well, after we get Rusinski, we have the rest of the night to ourselves. So, do you want to come around here later?" Mac replied, putting his arms around Kaitlyn's shoulders, bringing her closer to his side. 

"Sure, love." Kaitlyn said, enjoying the affection.

"Okay, that's a plan. Now go get ready, I'm sure you'll look stunning tonight." Mac said, getting up to show Kaitlyn the door.

"You too, handsome," Kaitlyn said before kissing Mac on the cheek and walking back to her hotel room to get ready, as Mac did the same.

Location; The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland 

Time; 19:32 

Date: 24th June 2022

The plan, so they wouldn't seem suspicious was for them to go in at different times. So, Mac and Riley arrived at quarter past seven, meanwhile, Kaitlyn and Bozer arrived at half-past.

When Kaitlyn and Bozer walked in, they were confronted with a room full of people and then soon spotted Riley and Mac talking to who looked like Rusinski. They both made their way down there, where Kaitlyn pulled out her gun and held it to Rusinski's back. "Come with us now for your own sake, or we have to use much stronger forces," Kaitlyn whispered into Rusinski's ear and soon enough, he complied. From there, they walked to a cupboard, where Bozer took great pleasure in tying up Rusinski to a chair. Then, they just got what they came for, then left, leaving Rusinski in there till the party was over so he subsequently couldn't escape.

Consequently, for the rest of the night, both Mac and Kaitlyn had to watch each other dance with someone else. Quickly though, Kaitlyn got fed up with it and excused herself from Bozer to go to the bathroom, which, when she got there, broke down into tears. Mac did the same, but going to get a drink, and there he punched a wall. 

 Since their other halves for the night were gone, Bozer and Riley hatched a plan to see if their suspicions were correct. That Mac and Kaitlyn were dating or loved each other in some way or another.

Therefore, when Mac arrived back from 'getting a drink' Riley took the glass and set it down on a nearby table, before taking Mac to a janitor's cupboard which Bozer had borrowed, which were technically stolen, the keys for. It was the same with Kaitlyn when she got back from the bathroom, Bozer dragged her to the janitor's cupboard that Mac was currently locked in.

Both heard the jangling keys lock the door, but waited a minute before speaking.

"I've hated tonight in all honesty," Kaitlyn said, stepping toward Mac.

"Me too. It shows me what my life could've been like without you." Mac said as he closed the gap between the two and their lips connected.

The kiss was passionate and hungry, but just as soft and gentle. When they broke apart, they didn't care about life outside or Riley and Bozer's shouts of joy. They just cared about each other. 

 _-8***8-_

I've done something!

I entered a competition and for an imagine I wrote on my TikTok page, I took the idea for this off that. It was a 1000-word story competition, so I did my best. Like Kaitlyn is an OC, and like the plot is mine as well, but everything else was there already for me. But the actual story is exactly 1000 words. It's also almost three in the morning, so I need sleep, so goodnight.

- Rachel

UPLOADED: 13/07/2022

WORDS: 1081