[Crash My Car] Logan Howlett

Requested by stranger-than-life

What if Logan had a girlfriend that he met after escaping in '83 and she helped him get to grips with the new level of his mutation. But when some jerks at a bar try to seduce her, Logan isn't exactly okay with it.

Both Spencer and Logan sat in the bar as music raged around them while they were having a drink.

"Logan- put that out!" Spencer told him off as she took the cigar from him and put it out.

"Oh shut up," Logan said as Spencer replied.

"Yeah, but didn't you say-" Spencer began, but was soon cut off with a quick tap on the should and a 'Hey baby,' as she turned around.

Spencer gave Logan a quick look before turning around and standing up.

"And what do you want, Jerk?" Spencer asked standing up as she put her hands in her leather jacket pockets.

"Well maybe just to bed you baby-" The guy started to say but was soon cut off as Spencer punched him.

"What the fuck!?" One of the jerks friends said but was soon bowled over by Logan as the others tried to advance on him.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Spencer asked as she grabbed Logan's leather jacket and drank the rest of her drink before walking over to him, and helping him up.

"I don't want them sleeping with you," Logan said as he grabbed the jacket from her hand.

"Don't worry, it's you and always you Logan," Spencer said as she took his hand as they both left the bar, kissing when they got outside.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

A few days later though, Logan was acting, well, certainly weird.

He was going out, staying out for a long time, not calling, and then coming home drunk. It worried Spencer.

She didn't know whether it was because of his trauma, or a whole other number of reasons that she could think of. They all worried her though.

So, one night, she decided to stay up, as long as it took to see that she and Logan could have a constructive conversation about what the hell was going on.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

01:24

That's what it read on the digital clock on the side table adjacent to where Spencer sat in the living room in hers and Logan's apartment.

Soon enough, Logan did burst through the door, smelling slightly of alcohol, but still being able to string two words together because of his mutation.

"What are you doing up?" Logan asks as he walks over to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water.

Spencer stood up and walked over to where he stood, but across the island in their kitchen before replying "Waiting on you to get your ass back here, so we can talk about what the hell is going on!" She said as she scolded him slightly.

"Go fu-" Logan started but Spencer cut him off as he took a sip of water.

"Don't say 'go fuck yourself' to me. I have been there for you, when you were in a really, REALLY, dark place, so we have a HUGE level of trust here, so the fact that you're going out drinking, than talking to me about your shit, hurts me! I feel betrayed and lied to! So, before you go say 'go fuck yourself' think about what I'M feeling!" Spencer yells at him as Logan stands there in shock, not thinking of what to do as they'd never had this type of argument before as they'd always had a huge level of trust for each other.

"Fine," Was all he said as Spencer scoffed "What?"

"FINE! THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE ME!? I have been there for you, even when you're life was like a car crash, and I helped you out of it. You can't just go and say that when I'm WORRIED! I AM BLOODY WELL WORRIED LOGAN, AND YOU'RE NOT TELLING ME A DAMN THING!" Spencer yelled at him as she stomped over.

"You want to know?" Logan asked stepping around Spencer and walking back through to the living room and sitting in a chair.

"Yeah, I bloody well do," Spencer scoffed out.

"Remember the night at the bar. . . when you punched a guy?" Logan asks her as Spencer sits across from him.

"Yeah," Was her short reply, signalling for Logan to continue.

"Yeah, well, I felt jealous, because if guys were walking up to you in the bar, then I thought that you would end up leaving me for a dickhead like that," Logan explained, as Spencer's complexion softened at the fact that her boyfriend was jealous of what happened.

"You were jealous?" She asks.

"Yeah, I am," Logan said, looking at the floor.

"You saw what I did. If I'd had more self-control, you would've heard me say some stuff that would've made you proud to be in a relationship with me," Spencer said as she walked over and sat in Logan's lap.

"I'm always proud to say that I'm dating you," Logan said and then got up and put his glass in the sink, carrying Spencer while he did so.

"Logan, where are you taking me?" Spencer asked as Logan quickly grabbed their jackets before finally, opening the window, but only after passing the coats to Spencer for her to hold onto them.

"Up to the roof to see the stupid stars you asked me to go with you to see one time," Logan mumbled out as he stuck Spencer down once they got onto the roof.

"You do know, I love you, right?" Spencer asked as she looked up at the stars.

"Yeah, I do," Logan said as he walked forward to then wrap his arms around Spencer's waist and kissed her shoulder as she melted into his touch.

"I love you."

"Mmh, I love you too."

That was all that was said between the two as they welcomes the enveloping silence that came with looking at the stars. And, well, let's just say, in the future, the trust between the two was strong enough that they are married, have two kids, and have a third on the way.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hi,

So, first thing, I'm not normally used to writing a lot for darker characters like Logan, so this was a WHOLE new ball game for me, while the second thing, is that, the last part especially, totally made up, like if you've either read the comics or seen the movies you know what I mean by things don't get that happily ever after-ish treatment other characters I write for do. 

But yeah, Merry Easter/St Patricks day, I really don't care what date it is, so still, Merry Christmas!

- Rachel

UPLOADED; 13/03/2023

WORDS; 1062