one

mr.blue sky- electric light orchestra

this summer is gonna amazing, belly's words repeated through my head throughout the entire day

this summer is gonna amazing, belly's words repeated through my head throughout the entire day. she's so excited to come back to cousins beach and i'm so excited to see her again too.

i live on the cousins beach, next door neighbors to the fishers, aka my best friends jeremiah and conrad. my family and bellys family always stayed at the two homes. switch houses every night if you wanted to.

but this year is a tiny bit different. i'm an adult, i've grown up. so has belly, now the only kid that has to grow up is my little sister, piper.

my step sister doesn't really hang out with us that much, but i'm not complaining because she's only been my sister for 6 years. not everyone is used to her, not even my mom.

so right now at this second i stand in the middle of my room trying to figure out what outfit to wear, to go meet up with everyone at the fishers

"parker" i heard my mom yell from down stairs "susannah just texted me saying that they just got here!"

now you might be wondering who they are. they are laurel, steven and belly! this summer is finally here!

"one second" i yelled back at her "bailey!" i called out for my step sister

"yeah?" her soft voice echoed through my room when she came in

trust me, her voice may sound soft. but she can be a total bitc-

"what's up?" she asked me, sitting down on my bed, yeah go ahead

or maybe i'm the bitch?

"pink or orange?" i held up the two tops

after a minute of thinking she finally spoke "orange it makes your blue eyes pop"

"my eyes are green" my hand fell to my side with the clothes still in my hand

"exactly" i heard her say "now that i think about it, conrad looks at you differently when you wear pink, so pink"

conrad. my one true lover, as all three of the moms say. we're supposed to be destined for each other, my honest opinion? i hope we are, i've had a crush one him since i was 11, since that kiss we shared.

my first kiss. almost 7 years ago

"parker let's go!" my mom yelled again "you too bailey we gotta get moving!"

bailey left and i sighed, looking at the pink top "pink it is" i say to myself

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

"par-" my mom was about to yell again but i came running down the stairs "there you are"

my mom sarcastically smiled at me and handed me piper

"hi pipes" i kissed her cheek and she giggled "how's your morning piper?"

"good!" she called out happily

"y'all ready?" mom asked bailey and i, we both nodded and walked with her to the fishers house

"hey jay where my dad?" bailey asked my mom as we walked

i smiled widely when i saw the house in our view, i know i see it everyday but i don't see the coklins car parked outside everyday

"he had to go to work. he said that he also might have to go on a business trip this summer" my mom paused while looking at bailey "im sorry, but hey it'll still be a fun summer"

bailey smiled and we made it to the front door

i gripped onto piper, so she doesn't fall "we don't knock right?" i asked

"nah" my mom said and we just walked through the front door "the party's here!"

i heard footsteps making our way and we were revealed to laurel and susannah

"oh my god!" laurel called out, she gave my mom a hug then rushed towards me "look at you! you are so pretty, oh and bailey you look gorgeous too"

susannah stood in front of us "hey girls!" she pulled us into a hug "you too are stunning, aren't they stunning? conrad is gonna be all over you"

my face blushed and i tried to hide it "stop" i tell her with a smile on my face "why are they?" i asked her

"outside" she told me then looked at bailey then back to me "im sure they will be more than happy to see you two"

i handed susannah piper and made a run for the back door

i laughed when i saw belly in the pool, with jeremiah right next to her "belly you seriously let them give you a belly flop?"