Chapter Six: First Repair

"Moon?" Gregory asked once they were in the hall between the stage lift and Parts and Services.

"Yes, Gregory?"

"Why are you scared of that place?"

"...I am not sure. It feels like a bad place."

"But if that's where everyone was made, then wouldn't it be a good place?"

"No. Being created somewhere does not make that place good."

"...I guess." It wasn't like Gregory could disagree. He didn't like where he was born, either. "So, Freddy said the power was out in Parts and Services."

Moon pushed open both sets of double doors. "It is, yes. You will need to turn on the power to activate the machinery in here."

Gregory looked around the wide space. A cylinder sat at the very end–the front?–of the room with a set of wrap-around stairs on either side. Tubes large enough for Gregory to fit through, wires, and beams spilled from the ceiling into the top of the metal cylinder ringed with wide, cloudy windows. On the balcony behind the cylinder were four doors, each with a different color and symbol. To his right was a line of rooms, some with doors patched by wood or blocked entirely, others with broken windows. Generator-like machines and chain link fences were on the left. An active endoskeleton staring ahead with blank eyes hung near the machines. The room was so wide he wasn't bothered by any loud noises, nor could he see clearly through the windows.

Freddy stood beside a computer terminal hooked up to the cylinder. "Gregory! You are safe."

"Yeah! Moon helped me. Save me, I guess."

Moon stated, "I doubt that the door would have opened regardless of whether or not the power was on. It is not a good place to be."

Speaking of which, I should turn on the power to Parts and Services. Moon had yet to set Gregory down, though. So, it wasn't like Gregory could forge out into the tunnels, turn the power on, and come back. He would need to get down first.

But... maybe Gregory didn't mind taking a minute to calm down.

Moon said, "You are tired. Perhaps you should rest. The Naptime Room will be a safe place for you."

Gregory shook his head. "No. I need to get out of here. Besides, what if Sun comes back? The power works differently in the Daycare than anywhere else."

"That... is true."

"But there's no power here right now, so I'll have to turn it on. Um... does the lift still work?"

Moon shook his head. "I know where the power room is. You stay here." He gently set Gregory back down. "I will turn on the power. Do not wait for me."

"Don't wait for you?" Gregory echoed.

"I will return to the Daycare when my task is complete."

Then, Moon was gone, through the double doors and out of sight and hearing.

Gregory turned to Freddy. "So, just wait?"

"Yes. It appears so. It was very nice of Moon to help."

"Yeah! ...You don't like him, do you?"

Freddy blinked. "I said no such thing. I did not know the Daycare Attendant prior to the Mega Pizzaplex closing. But we are not... Moon's friends, as far as I knew. Chica seems to have warmed up to it. But it... did not like us."

"Oh. What about Sun?"

"Sun was pleasant and friendly, but our paths rarely crossed."

"Oh." Then, Gregory asked, "Do you know where we can get another badge, after this?"