Chapter Ten: Monty Golf

So, Monty Golf and then the catwalks above Monty Golf.

Gregory knew he had to turn the lights on, but would that extend to the catwalks? If it didn't–or even if it did–he would need to find where he could get onto the catwalks. Well, he got to the ones over Fazerblast through the West Arcade. Since Monty Golf was on the opposite side of the building, it would be through the East Arcade?

Freddy should know.

Gregory kept his flashlight low as he left the construction area and traveled down on the atrium floor. Silence stifled the atrium and the absolute darkness that enveloped it. Inactive S.T.A.F.F. bots littered the floor. Still, he made sure to give each one of them a wide berth. After the shriek that the last one made, he wasn't quite sure how dead they really were.

Well, after he met Monty and made sure he would kill Gregory, Gregory just needed to track down Vanny and stop her. Then he would leave and never have to even look at another S.T.A.F.F. bot ever again.

Gregory slowed down as he got into the huge hall between the front area and the Daycare. Weirdly, where there was once silence, he heard... music? Bouncy, scratchy music interrupted by random noises drifted through the hall. Thin rays of light glowed under the shudders leading to the Daycare.

Gregory, on his toes and ready to run in the other direction, got close enough to the shudders for them to open and let him in.

He winced and blinked the stars out of his eyes. The once dark and sleepy entrance area glowed in the brilliant light emanating from the Daycare. It bounced off the golden statue of Sun and Moon and over the large, dark TV screens faded with dust. He walked around the small gate and the big white cloud making another wall between them and the inside of the Daycare.

From his position on the walkway, he couldn't see anything moving. If Moon were here, he would be Sun. From what Gregory gathered, Sun didn't seem like the quiet type or one to stand still. Not only that, but they weren't exactly small. But Gregory knew he wouldn't see Sun here, nor Moon once the lights turned off.

He made his way through the walkway and down the stairs.

As Gregory couldn't immediately see Freddy outside, he knocked on the door.

No answer.

He knocked again.

No answer.

Gregory bit back a sigh. They were probably in some hidden room. Did they think it would take that long for Gregory to race Roxy? Or did Freddy forget?

Gregory turned around to face the shops lining the wall under the walkway. Directly across from him was an empty room without an outer wall showing a glowing recharge station. Two bright blue eyes glowed from within the window.

Gregory perked up and walked to the recharge station. "Hey, Freddy! Are you okay?"

"Yes," Freddy answered, his voice muffled by metal and plastic. "I will need to stay here for a short time. What did Roxy say?"

"Oh, she really likes racing and said I'm a good racer. When I asked about Monty, she said he likes walking around the catwalks above Monty Golf. But, um... I don't know how to get to the catwalks, or what floor they're on."

"Oh. Yes, I do recall Monty patrolling the catwalks. You may access them through MAZErcise. You will need a ticket to enter, though."

"Maybe I'll find one in Lost and Found!" Gregory suggested.

"Perhaps! You did find a Party Pass there."

Gregory nodded. "I'll need to check out Monty Golf, anyway. So, if it's not in Lost and Found, maybe it'll be there? See you later!"