Chapter Eight: Heavy Weight

"So, Lost and Found."

Gregory took a quick detour to the power room to turn on the power to Fazerblast and its section in the atrium.

Thankfully, the Lost and Found was in the front area, behind one of the ticket stands connected to Fazpad, a café with cramped seating on both floors. He had to get in through the door on the second floor and then open the fold-out security gate on the ground floor. One door near the security gate led to the front ticket desk while the one to its left on a corner led to the Lost and Found and a staircase was opposite that.

Gregory, with more than enough security privilege, waltzed into the Lost and Found. Amongst dusty toys and tools and ratty, cloth-based items, he found a small box full of expired ID cards, tickets, and a Party Pass. He laughed and pulled the golden one out from the middle of the stack of nonsense. "Gotcha! Okay, Fazerblast here we come."

With that, he met Freddy, who led him through the Utility Tunnels. Rather than going to Rockstar Row, they pushed through a gate into a tunnel labeled "FAZERBLAST". It eventually branched. Freddy took the right branch without a step out of place, so Gregory followed without question. The tunnel quickly turned into a tall set of stairs and through a set of double doors and out into a wide hallway between Roxy Raceway and the space-themed entrance to Fazerblast.

Gregory's shoes fell upon the purple, cosmic carpet. A huge rocket ship statue dominated the center area, while alien ships scattered around the fringes too high up for Gregory to climb–including a Ferris Wheel with UFOs instead of seats. A small shop with stairs leading up above it sat to the right side. Neon light accents and ones ringing the ships glowed and flashed. The power turned on everything in Fazerblast? Including the front area? Huh...

Gregory ran up to the bot and found the card. He started to put the ticket into its closed fanny pack but hesitated. He brought out a screwdriver. He still put the Party Pass in and got the key, but he didn't immediately move. Instead, he stuck the screwdrivers into one of the screws he knew was a little too small. The bot spasmed and its arm lashed out. A metal hand in a vice grip squeezed his arm.

Gregory squealed and scrambled back; his voice drowned out by the scratchy alarm the bot he thought was dead wailed. He kicked it in the face and shoulder until it let go. Gregory darted to the elevator, presented the key, and flitted inside just as the shudders to the lobby opened.

He put a shaky hand to his chest and set his back against the entrance door to the alien-themed elevator.

One quiet, short ride later, the other side opened.

He stepped into a space-themed lobby with trophies and merch and some arcade cabinets. Its major source of lighting came from the absurd amount of neon lights. The band in space suits and with fancy laser guns all in different poses decorated the lobby. A huge rocket sat posed on the ground along the left side. The right wall had an entrance to the bathrooms, while the left had a door that told him not to enter and a door with a security badge on it.

Bingo.

A small "L" shaped hallway was behind the security badge door, with one door inside leading to a bathroom with a single toilet. Further down the hall was a metal door with another security badge sign beside it.

The room went dark as soon as he entered.

"Gregory!" Freddy's voice chimed in immediately. "They know you are here! Get the security upgrade and get out!"

Gregory found the little security Freddy head and pressed its nose. As it slowly opened, he searched the small room. A duffle bag with a chip talking about hiding Monty Mystery Mix in ice cream storage was there. An empty pizza box stood out amongst the clutter with a cyan and lavender bowling ticket on top of it.