°°𝟒°°

• Pain •September

Pain
September.2.2020

• 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑳𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝑴𝒆 𝑨𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝑰𝒕 𝑭𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑴𝒚 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍, 𝑰 𝑾𝒂𝒔 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 •

5:59 – Katan stood in front of the front door, he kept glancing down at the phone that Zeek had gotten him the day prior. He was anxiously waiting for the clock to hit 6 A.M. – when his curfew ended. KT had been busy over the past few days catching up with everybody else but he was in desperate need of walking the streets that he had once heavily called his home.

His family was sound asleep while he waited and he knew it'd be no different for his homies – especially at this hour. He was actually glad that nobody would be able to disrupt him. They'd probably try to interfere and that would only annoy Katan.

6:16.

Bits and pieces of the worn sidewalk crunched under Katans shoes, there was no stability on the sidewalks nor the roads – he scoffed as he thought back to the newscast his ma’ had been watching the other day, he remembered how they bragged and boasted about the good of the city. How nice, clean and polished it was. He remembered the parts of the city they showed and how he knew that in all his lifetime and his people’s lifetime they've never stepped foot onto that side of town. 

He also knew that those types of people never stepped foot over here but had pre judgment about who and what resided in these parts. Poverty stricken individuals who were deemed as less than – just trying to pave a way for themselves.

Nobody ever helped the people that needed help the most but were always the first to say something when those same people took actions into their own hands to better themselves.

Katan walked over a patchy hill to take an indirect route to his destination – the original route would up his chances of running into people who didn't take too kindly to him being alive. 

He rounded a corner and maneuvered his body into an abandoned building. There was barely any light in the building besides the sun that was slowly rising.  Kt didn't need a light to see where he was going though, in the upper parts of the building, on the cool concrete he could still see the dried blood that had seeped out of the deadly wounds that riddled his friend's body.