°°𝟖°°

THANK YOU FOR 500 READS!!!

September

September.24.2020

" That was straight?" Tae asked, sliding the earphones down to his neck, gazing out to the other side of the encased room.

"Fasho', you can come out or do you want to add some mo' adlibs to it?" Elijah, the music producer, asked.

"Nah just take the ones I already made and splash them bitches in there." Tae took the earphones off and sat them behind the perched microphone.

He walked out of the booth and stood beside Elijah, who had already started to mix the instrumentals up with the recordings Tae provided for him.

Tae watched him work, his head bobbing as the music flowed throughout the studio room.

"When you think you gon' be done?" Tae asked, he was genuinely curious, it wasn't a question he asked to inconvenience Elijah. He had never had a song of his produced at this level. Tae was used to buying a beat from someone and just putting his lyrics over it.

The technicalities were beyond his comprehension.

"Honestly, later tonight."

Tae's brows raised," fa' real? When do you think I should drop it then?" He crossed his arms and leaned back.

Elijah shrugged, tweaking his audio mixer " Tomorrow, shit, tonight if ion' got shit else to do."

"You that nigga for real." Tae dapped Elijah up, " cause you fasho' came through."

Elijah wasn't just some up-and-coming music producer — he was a classmate and could be considered a friend of Tae's. The boys knew a bit of Elijah but he was more so Tae's friend because they had a couple of classes together and both had played basketball during their time at high school.

They had a handful of spurred conversations, so there was an understanding of the things they enjoyed and where they would like to see themselves in the future. Collaboration had been mentioned before.