Kinomoto Chronicles

Kinomoto Chronicles: Eastern Religions

----------

After a hectic battle with a triad called the Purple Snakes, Fujitaka, Sakura, and Touya Kinomoto, along with Syaoran Li, Yukito Tsukishiro, and Eriol Hiiragizawa, narrowly escape the clutches of their leader, Jianhong Bing, and his second-in-command nephew, Tao, at the cost of the life of Jang, one of Fujitaka's associates. With Tomoyo and Sonomi Daidouji in tow, the Kinomoto Family flees Shanghai on an airplane that, unbeknownst to them, is owned by the Purple Snakes. While the heroes are asleep on the plane, the pilots dump the fuel and parachute out, leaving the plane to crash over the Himalayas. However, the heroes discover the sabotage and narrowly manage to escape by jumping out of the plane on an inflatable raft just before it crashes into the mountainside. They ride down the mountain slopes and fall into a raging river, eventually arriving at the village of Khanabar in northern India. The impoverished villagers seek help from anyone willing to retrieve the sacred Lingra Stone stolen from their shrine, as well as the community's missing children, from evil forces in the nearby Bahlokot Palace. The heroes, although reluctant at first, decide to help. During the journey to Bahlokot, Fujitaka hypothesizes that the Lingra Stone may be one of the five fabled Sakala stones that promise fortune and glory.

The trio receives a warm welcome from the Prime Minister of Bahlokot Palace, Mekhil Tilahr. The visitors are allowed to stay for the night as guests, during which they attend a lavish banquet given by the Palace's young lord, Samir Jahara. Tilahr rebuffs Fujitaka's questions about the villagers' claims and his theory that the ancient Khalun Cult is responsible for their troubles. Later that night, Yukito is attacked by an assassin, leading the heroes to believe that something is wrong. After Eriol kills the assassin, the heroes, with Tilahr in tow, discover a series of tunnels hidden behind a statue in Tomoyo's room and set out to explore them, overcoming a number of booby-traps along the way.

The heroes eventually reach an underground temple where the Khaluns worship Kali with human sacrifice. They watch as the Khaluns chain one of their victims in a cage, and the high priest, Lord Jinder Lahm, uses his evil magic to rip out the victim's still-beating heart. While the victim is still alive, he is slowly lowered into a lava pit, burning him alive, with his heart held in Lahm's hand burning as well. They discover that Lahm, who has plans for world domination, and the Khaluns are in possession of three of the five Sakala stones, including the Lingra Stone, which were hidden in the catacombs by a priest when the Indian Army invaded, and have enslaved the children of Khanabar to mine for the last two, as well as to mine jewels to fund their operations. As Fujitaka and Sakura try to retrieve the stones, the heroes are captured and separated. However, Syaoran manages to escape. Touya is forced to drink a potion called the Black Blood of Kali, causing him to enter a trance-like state and mindlessly serve the Khaluns. Tomoyo is prepared for sacrifice, while the rest are forced to watch. Syaoran slays some of the Khalun guards (something he doesn't usually do) and escapes back into the temple, where he uses his Lightning Jufu on Touya to bring him back to his senses. After fighting off the guards, the heroes stop Tomoyo's cage and crank it out of the pit just in time to save her from the fire, while Lahm escapes via a trapdoor under the Sakala Stones' altar. Indy retrieves the stones, and the three return to the mines to free the children. As Sakura fights a hulking overseer, Jahara—also under Lahm's control—tries to distract Sakura long enough for the overseer to finish her off by crippling Fujitaka with a voodoo doll. Eriol knocks the doll away and uses a lightning spell to break the trance. Sakura escapes and inadvertently knocks the overseer into a steamroller. Sakura, having a heart, tries to save him, but fails as the overseer gets crushed. While escaping, Jahara then tells Eriol how to get out of the mine.

While Tilahr and Jahara lead the slaves out of the mine, the heroes escape from the temple in a minecart, pursued by three Khalun guards and three overseers, but they all take a wrong turn. The heroes fight the guards in a brief battle, but they defeat the overseers in a much crazier one. Meanwhile, Lahm orders a huge water cistern dumped in an attempt to flood them out. After barely escaping the deluge, the heroes are again ambushed by Lahm and his henchmen on an old rope bridge high above a crocodile-infested river. Touya cuts the bridge in half with Syaoran's sword, leaving them to hang on for their lives. As Sakura and Lahm struggle over the stones, Syaoran quietly invokes the name of Shiva by proclaiming him to be a traitor, causing them to glow white-hot. While two of the stones fall into the river, Lahm burns his hand on the Lingra Stone, causing him to lose his grip and fall to be devoured alive by the crocodiles down below; Sakura catches the last stone safely and climbs up as a company of Indian Army riflemen, summoned by Jahara and Tilahr, arrive and open fire on the Khalun archers trying to shoot him. The army, despite some injuries, quickly gains the upper hand and the Khalun Cult try to retreat, only to find out that the army has them surrounded from all sides, forcing the cult to surrender. The heroes return to Khanabar with the children and give the Lingra Stone back to the villagers. The movie ends with the heroes heading home.

----------

So, a little backstory of what inspired me: I was browsing for CCS fanfic stories, and I came across LiLover131, who is a big fan of Syaoran. And LiLover wrote this (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13009182/1/Treasures) to answer a big CCS question: How did the Clow Book end up in Sakura's house in the first place? Well, now that the secrets are out, Sakura's adventures are about to get crazier.