1 - A Hero is Born (Part 1)

"The thing you need to understand about old legends is that the story is never finished. There maybe no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey. Rising from the Netherworld, the Demon Bull King attacked. No one could stop him, no one could resist. No one except...the legendary Monkey King. The Monkey King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain. He trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it. The Monkey King sealed the mountain with the staff no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever. With the battle won, Monkey King vanished, never to be seen again. Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain, the one thing keeping our world from certain destruction. And with the Demon Bull King gone, civilization was able to advance the amazing city we now live in. A world of elegant cultures, gentle loving people, a city brimming with five-star cuisine, and all because of the Monkey King."

The man with glasses named Tang finished the story as a girl dressed in a restaurant uniform was named MK, who looked so excited after hearing the story of the Monkey King.

"*Laughs* That's so good! Monkey King is so cool! He's so strong and handsome!" MK said while she poses "Oh MK, I thought you know all the Monkey King stories." Tang said with a smile as he leaned back as MK appeared in front of Tang.

"Oh but I do. I got his whole life documented extensively in this unauthorized autobiography of Monkey King. Written and illustrated by yours truly. Like I knew he was born from a stone, and lived behind a waterfall with his sweet little baby monkey friends! And - and - and oh!" Then, Tang grabbed one of her drawings and smiled at it.

"It's nice to know someone is taking in all these stories. Pearls of wisdom, dripping from my lips. *Clears throat* Well, you know the deal. One story, one free bowl of jajangmien. Hm?" Tang smirked as MK fixed her book, as she looked up to Tang, remembering her deal with the scholar.

"Huh? Oh, right, free noodles! Yep, on it!" MK spoke as she placed her book down to grab the bowl full of noodles, then she spoke up "How heavy do you think a mountain is, compared to, like-" "Free noodles?" She was then cut off when a spoon came towards her direction and hit the bowl as it went flying to the air, only to be grabbed by an angry pig demon, none other than MK's boss, Pigsy.

Then, Pigsy angrily yelled at the two "No one gets a free meal at Pigsy's! I'm not running a charity here, Tang." Pigsy glared at the scholar as Tang calmly spoke to him "Ah, but, Pigsy, I was paying with wisdom." "Yeah? Well, wisdom don't pay the rent, you freeloader! And you!" Pigsy still angrily yelled at Tang as he turned to the delivery girl, who she whimpered, and continued speaking as he walked towards MK which makes her back off until her back met the wall.

"You've been slacking off all morning. I've got dozen orders that need to go out. So quit slacking and get packing!" MK nervously looked at her boss as she spoke up "Yeah, I was about to take my break, so..." This made Pigsy snapped "Break? Break? There's no break in war! I need workers. Soldiers in the army of Pigsy's noodles! Home of the world's longest noodles! How else am I going to expand my business into enemy territory?" MK sweatdropped at her boss's outburst as she spoke in confusion "Uh, do you mean across the street?"

She looked at the other restaurant, which was owned by a hog demon, as he and Pigsy have a glare off "I stand by my statement." He spoke up as he gave MK the bag of noodles as he pushed her out of the restaurant "Now, hurry up! *Sighs*" Pigsy sighed as he heard some chomping noises, which he turned to see Tang, eating the bowl of noodles.

Pigsy was angrily looking at Tang as he got his wooden spoon out, outside MK was packing the noodles in her tuk-tuk as she heard a lot of noises coming from the noodle shop "Hey! You get back here, you coward!" Pigsy yelled from the inside as Tang yelled at him back "No, Pigsy!" "I want my money!" Pigsy yelled once more as she silently chuckled at their actions.