Chapter Seven

As I began to chase after Sidney, my hair shifted in front of my face, making me bump into someone. As I bounced back a bit, I brushed my hair away to reveal Billy Loomis. Me and Billy aren't that close, he and Randy don't talk a lot either. But our parents relatively know each other. His mom and mine used to be friends until she ditched town. Billy acted a lot different after that though, more reserved, quiet, and mysterious. He never gave me a chance to become friends with him, so I left it that way.

"Oh, sorry Billy," I said mundanely. It was surprising to see him after last night's events. "It's okay Y/N, Sid went into the bathroom." I looked into his dark eyes, he looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep last night. "Thanks," I said awkwardly beginning to walk around him. But I was stopped, as he grabbed my arm a bit tight. "Do you still think it was me too?" I looked up again, his face remained the same, with no emotion considering what he was saying.

I would expect someone to have a somewhat pleading face but I shook it off. "Listen, Billy, I think we may have made a mistake last night thinking it was you. It wouldn't have made sense anyway with how you got there immediately after the killer. I just wish you could've told us about the phone, or at least Sid." He let go pulling the hand up to brush his greasy hair back. We nodded and turned as he continued walking. I began to do the same.

As I walked up to the bathroom I heard talking inside. "What if she did it? What if Sidney killed Casey and Steve?" The familiar voice echoed through the bathroom. "And why would she do that?" Another familiar voice questioned. I began to peak my head in more, to reveal a blonde Bethany Johnson fixing her makeup in the bathroom mirror. Her minion Samantha Greson, stood beside her watching.

"Maybe she was hot for Steve, and killed them both in a jealous rage," Bethany announced. Sidney definitely came here since it was the only way to go after meeting with Billy, but I couldn't see her. "Why would she want to be with Steve? She has her own bubble-butt boyfriend, Billy." I rolled my eyes, continuing to look to the floor for any signs of Sid. These girls were bimbos. "Maybe she's a slut just like her mother."

My face went wide as anger grew inside me. Maureen may have been seeing people, but I thought we were moving on from slut-shaming. "You're evil." Samantha chimes in. I decide to walk into the bathroom making loud steps to catch their attention. Samantha turned around, as Bethany followed. "Hey, what do you know, Samantha actually says something smart for once."

Samantha's face dropped as Bethany scrunched her nose. Her eyebrows shifted angrily, "you can't change facts, Y/N. I mean how do we know you and Sidney aren't working together? Maybe you had the hots for Steve too. Or maybe she finally admitted how much a whore you are to your little nerd friend, who doesn't even look in your direction, and in an angered rage, you killed her boyfriend, and then her. Eventually, tying her up to reveal her nasty honest self."

I felt my hand ball up into a fist as blood ran through my body. I felt my face heat up due to anger. "Don't put your insecurities on other people. Maybe you did it. So you could finally steal Casey's thunder. Cause all you are is a stupid, ugly, attention-seeking, bitch who can't even get ANY boy to like you at all. So keep talking shit and see what happens. Cause maybe you attack with words, but I got a hand for you, right here." I said lifting it up. All the rage from last night's attack showed in my argument, I didn't want to stoop to her level but I don't care anymore. Experiencing your friend's dying, and almost dying yourself puts these things into perspective. If I am going to die today, I will make sure I never regret anything. Bethany's eyes began to water as Samantha's eyes went wide open.

Bethany quickly grabbed her stuff before starting to walk over. I put my hand down blocking her way. "You know what? I don't care anymore." I brought my hand up and whacked it against her face. She touched her face swiftly, facing me again. "Talk shit about any of us, and I can do a lot worse. Just wait till Tatum gets word of this too. You will be over." I gave a smirk. I was becoming a little too aggressive, maybe a bit too mean, but I just couldn't take it. Say all you want about me, but never any of my friends or the dead. She and Samantha scattered out. Making me take a deep breath.

I walked towards one of the many sinks, looking down the small drain. "You didn't have to do that, Y/N." Said Sidney as she jumped out from one of the stalls, walking over to the sink next to me. I sighed before looking at her. "No. She had that coming for a while. It wasn't about anything she said about me, it was everything else. I hate people like her. We got attacked and yet they don't care."

Sidney gave me an empathizing look, as she placed her hand on my back. Suddenly, a small faint whisper began to speak, "Y/NNNNNN, Sidneyyyyyy." Me and her looked at each other before I shook my head. "It's probably the vent," I said looking up to it knowing Sidney was following my gaze. As I began to look back down, the whisper faintly repeated. "Y/NNNNNN, Sidneyyyyyy." Me and Sidney looked at each other definitely knowing it was not the vent and our minds.

We both faced the bathroom door before a stall opened up revealing the black figure. He darted to us as Sidney slid to the door knocking over a trash can in the process. I quickly dodged his attack moving to the side and running towards Sidney. She kicked the trash can towards him, making him fall down. We darted out quickly, running past concerned teachers and peers before reaching the office huffing.

After we told Principal Himbry, he made the decision to cancel classes until further notice. We told the cops outside as well, but they thought it was most likely a prank. Me and Sidney quickly regained some amount of sanity before we were greeted by our concerned friends. Tatum ran up first hugging us very tight. "These people are so sick, I am so sorry guys." Randy came up next, talking about how happy he was that we were safe. I acted fine but couldn't help the slight frown from showing, as Bethany's words started to get to me. I needed to remember I was just his best friend, and Sidney was the one he liked.

Tatum must have taken notice of my sad expression because she quickly grabbed my hand, "Did you whack the prankster in the face like a badass?"  I laughed a bit before looking to Sidney who returned a smile. "No, but I slapped that bitch Bethany instead. Which I think was better." Tatum and Randy actually looked shocked. "Woah, why, what did she do? Do I need to beat her ass up?" Tatum asked angrily. I laughed a bit before I looked at Sidney. She was looking down at the ground. I didn't want her to relive that conversation about her mother. "I think I knocked some sense into her, so we should be good for now, but she was just saying shit about me and Sidney being attacked, mostly about me though."

I tapped Sidney on the arm with my elbow, making her look up to me giving a small smile before returning her gaze to Tatum and Randy. "Well, let me know if she does some dumb ass shit like that again." I nodded my head as Stu began walking up with three purple flowers in his hands. "What's up, muchachos?" I rolled my eyes, Stu had completely butchered that, even though he's in Spanish 4. He began to pass the flowers to Tatum, Sidney, and Me. "I don't know what you guys did, but thank you so much Sid and Y/N." Tatum rolled her eyes before elbowing him. He rubbed his side, looking at her innocently before turning back his attention to the rest of the group.

"So, anyways...ow...BUT, I'm having a party tonight at my place so you are all invited." I opened my mouth wide, "wow no way! Your friends are invited to your party." I said sarcastically as if it was already given that you would invite your closest friends. "Yeah yeah, but I need you guys to do stuff for the party." Stu said, Randy, scoffed, "aren't you the host?" Sidney looked up a bit, "I don't know if I want to go."

Tatum smiles a bit, "come on, Sid. It might be helpful to get our minds off of everything-" Tatum got cut off as Stu continued the list, "Plus, there is safety in numbers, so." Sidney sighed, "Yeah, okay whatever." Stu laughed and smiled, "alright well you guys bring food." Sidney and Tatum shook their heads before beginning to head off. Randy sighed, "Well, I have to go to my shift at the video store, but I can make it with the curfew. You coming, Y/N?" I shook my head, as Stu turned around. "I'll stop by later to get some movies." I rolled my eyes, Stu had an okay taste, and even with that, it would be a big inconvenience. "What an inconvenience, we have better taste and we could just bring the movies." Spoke Randy, almost as if he had just read my mind. I agreed with him before we walked to his car and drove off to the video store.

1667 Words