Chapter Eight

The video store was pretty big, but not many people came in there often during the weekdays. But today was different, as people crowded the different rows of movies. Randy quickly went into the back to change, relieving his coworker of his shift. Sometimes I think I should be getting Randy's pay because I help him stack the shelves which makes him finish earlier so he gets to relax at the counter but I always just forget about it.

     One of the TVs near the horror section was playing, 'Friday the 13th.' I rolled my eyes, that was probably my least favorite movie out of Randy's favorites, pretty basic if you ask me. As my full attention was on the screen, I jumped when a cart of movies hit my hip. My eyes darted over in Randy's direction who gave a slight sorry smile. "Ouch. Randy, are you making me do your job again?" Randy smiled as he climbed his cart and rolled over hopping down next to me.

     "Please, I'll have to owe you." I rolled my eyes, "yeah maybe half your salary?" He put his hands up defensively, "anything but that, I'm trying to save up for a collector's item." I poked him in the side with my thumb making him yelp. "Fine, but why is it so busy?" I said dumbly. "Well, there is an early curfew tonight, people need something to do." No duh, Y/N. Why am I so dumb sometimes.

     We continued stacking movies on the shelf most of the time, occasionally taking a break while Randy went to the back to get more or helped someone at the counter. We occasionally got asked questions, Randy answering the horror and action while I handled the romance and family videos. Randy was about to finish the last cart as I sat on the floor, watching him. He looked good in his long 'Bradley Video' T. The light shined against his back, allowing the darkness to amplify his jaw. I began to fluster as I caught myself admiring my best friend once again. Just as I was about to say something, a familiar voice and laugh came close as a couple of movies got knocked off the shelf hitting my head.

     "Ow, asshole," I say, making the person peer over revealing an energized Stu Macher. "Sorry, Y/N didn't see you there." I slowly got up rubbing the top of my head, "Yeah, well you would still be an ass for knocking the movies down in the first place." His face gave a bored expression as he nodded his head obviously not listening. "yeah yeah anyways, this place is packed tonight." Randy pointed to the horror section as Stu and I followed his finger, "we had a run in the mass horror section." I scoffed, "yeah great idea with a killer walking around to enhance your paranoia."

     A small blonde girl with a blue shirt and backpack, who I recognized from my biology class walked up, "Oh hey, Y/N, what's that werewolf movie with E.T's mom in it?" She asked, I smiled as Randy answered, "The Howling. Horror straight ahead." Stu gave a laugh, "I just realized it's like we are living in a horror movie." I rolled my eyes, at how cheesy that comment was. "Can't wait for your death scene.." Randy spoke jokingly while looking off to the side. "Now that's poor taste." Me and Stu look over to see Billy suddenly in the horror section, holding two videos as he laughed with two random girls. I rolled my eyes, just because Sid accused him because he was suspicious doesn't mean he can flirt with other girls.

     "What?" Stu asked getting a disgusted face from me and an annoyed face from Randy. "If you were the only subject in a senseless bloodbath would you be standing in the horror section?" I nodded to Randy's words agreeing, as Stu rolled his eyes. "It was all a misunderstanding. He didn't do anything." I sighed hard, "That we know of, It doesn't matter if your phone records or clean, what if he has a disposable?" I said getting mad.

     Randy chimed in, "Yeah, you are such a little lap dog. He's got killer printed all over his forehead." I looked back over to Billy to see him leaning over one of the girls now, his mouth close to her neck. I felt disgusted for Sidney, If he really was...is innocent he should be comforting her, making sure she's okay.