Chapter Nine

Randy began to speak as he looked into my eyes. "Y/N, I'm sorry, it was really insensitive of me and you had every right to hit Bethany and talk shit about her." I rolled my eyes, I didn't even really talk shit about her, Billy wasn't even there. "I didn't even really talk about her besides saying the truth, yeah thanks for saying I had every right, but that doesn't change anything. I've lost one of my best friends, and I'm on the verge of dying any second." Tears began to flood out of my eyes, once again. 

     I've cried so much in the past two days but I can't help it. "Randy, they can't find my parents, what if they hurt them, what if they are dead. What if I die and lose everyone and everything. I don't want to die." I sobbed as Randy scooped me in his arms tightly. "I am so sorry, Y/N, this asshole is going to get caught and we are going to live a very long happy life, with our parents by our sides. And we are going to make a horror romance movie one day." I smiled while tears continued to spew out. 

     Randy always knew exactly what to say. As cheesy as it is, he smelled like buttery popcorn fresh from a movie theater. Exactly what you would imagine, but he also had a masculine cologne scent. I was probably getting his work shirt dirty, so I quickly lifted my head up and away from him. "I'm sorry, I'm getting your shirt all messy." Randy shook his head a bit and smiled, "Y/N, it's okay, nothing a quick wash can't fix." I wiped the rest of my tears away as Randy stood, "You know, I would really like to know what Bethany said." 

     I looked to the side, the road had a yellow hue to it as well, and the California sky allowed no clouds to be visible. I looked back up at him, I decided it was time. Because all of this has put it in perspective. Casey told me before she died that, I should just confess, so I will. I'm just so worried that if he doesn't feel the same way, it will ruin everything. Nothing will be the same, and we won't be friends anymore. I'll have to stop the movie nights, and having a job I don't even get paid for. 

     But if today is my last day, I would regret not saying anything. I would regret not at least taking the risk. "So, Bethany was saying how Sidney may have done it and killed Casey and Steve for a bunch of reasons, and then she called her a slut like Maureen which is just horrible so I decided to say something...." I paused for a second, thinking for a moment if I should really say it. My tummy started to squish around, instead of butterflies, it felt like dozens of frogs.

     "Yes?" Randy said breaking me out of thought, I looked up and smiled sheepishly. "and..she called me a whore." Randy's face dropped, "why the hell would she say that? That's horrible." I shrugged my shoulders and stepped back from Randy. I started to fiddle with my silver ring with three small green gems. 

     "Because.." I sighed, I wanted this embarrassing moment to be over. I spoke under my breath grinding my teeth together, "Because you would never like me even though I throw myself at you." I looked up, feeling a tad relieved saying that out loud but not enough so that he could hear me. He rose his eyebrow and smiled, "come on, Y/N, it can't be that bad." I began to feel my hands get clammy, as my heart started to beat rapidly. As I tried to breathe, it felt like the air was refusing to enter my lungs. I began to feel light-headed, as I moved my hair behind my ear. 

     Now or never, Y/N. "Randy.." I said looking up into his eyes, his smirk started to disappear, "yeah? What's wrong?" I took a deep breath, this time air entered, and I felt ready. "She said I was a whore because I throw myself at you, and you don't care." I put my head down. I can't believe I just said that. I look up to see his mouth open wide, his eyes matching. I swallowed, "I like you." My eyes became watery as the silence hit me. 

     "Y/N.." he says dreamily. I got prepared to get rejected. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath all that time until I began gasping for it. As the silence was getting too much, I decided to continue. "Randy, I've liked you since the 4th grade, when you showed me my first horror movie. And you held me whenever I jumped. And that liking became love in the 7th grade, when I tripped over that stupid rock and you dropped everything, even that brand new Micheal Myers action figure you got just to make sure I was okay." I let it all out, I wrote everything in my diaries so I never forgot a moment with him. "I'm sorry, if I just ruined everything," I apologized letting him know it was okay if he wanted to stop being friends. 

     I looked down, this was like one of those sad romance movies. "Y/N...I've liked you since the 5th." My eyes darted up quickly not quite understanding what he was saying. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, "That doesn't make sense, when I asked if you liked anybody that year, you said Sidney."

     He sighed and swallowed, making his adams apple move up and down, "I only said Sidney because I thought giving a fake crush would be better than getting rejected but I never lost those feelings." A singular tear fell down my cheek before I wiped it away, "so, what does this mean?" I asked. Randy gave a side smile, showing his white shining teeth. His smile was contagious, making me smile and laugh a bit as relief washed over me. 

        Almost as if, our horror movie became a romance, Randy spoke, "I guess I finally get to do this?" I nodded my head letting him grab me around the waist with his arms as he lifted me a couple of inches off the ground. I wrapped my arm around his neck, as we went in for the kiss. My heart skipped a beat as I pushed deeper into him. We had both been waiting a long time for this, I didn't want to let him go, and it seemed he felt the same as he squeezed me harder. 

      We softened the kiss before letting go as we both gasped for air. "I love you, Randy Meeks," I spoke softly, smiling wide. He placed me down, still having his hands remain on my waist as mine laid on his face. His face went into a goofy smile, "I love you too, Y/N." I laughed, this was probably cheesy and stupid, but it felt good. "I thought I was the Duckie to your Andie." I said referring to 'Pretty in Pink.' Randy's face opened wide, "You really thought that?" I nodded my head, "I'm sorry, I should've confessed a couple of years ago." I smiled, "We both should've." I looked to the floor, "Does this mean I get to call you my boyfriend?" I let go as Randy did the same.

"I don't know...does that mean I get to call you my girlfriend and final girl?" I laughed as I flustered. He was smooth. I kissed him quickly on the lips. "Well, my boyfriend and final boy, yes, that does mean you can call me that. But we should head back before, Will tells on you and you get fired again." Randy took my hand, intertwining my fingers with his, "It will have been worth it, but yeah let's go." I couldn't wait to tell Tatum and Sidney and have a good night during all of this chaos with, Randy, my boyfriend.

1351 Words