3

song: spark   –A.C.E

3| who is kim sunoo?

sunghoon was standing at the common balcony sipping on a cup of hot tea watching the palace guards and courtiers rushing around awaiting the arrival of the kims.

he didn't live under a rock. the kims were pretty well-known for their smart and extremely good-looking children, ignoring the fact that he has never seen them nor has he been interested in external affairs.

it was an understatement to say that the hushed whispers were nothing hushed. the news of the kims arrival spread like wildfire amongst the people within the palace and he couldn't imagine what it would be like outside of palace walls.

though he did pick up notable information from the bits and pieces of gossip he had overheard. the most intriguing one being that the kims son has never been one to attend any sort of royal gathering or participate in such activities and hence, the number of people who have seen him being little to no one outside the palace walls of ordon, their nation.

the trumpets sounded and all the courtiers rushed outside to carry the luggage while the palace guards led by jake guided the kims into the throne room.

"sunghoon–"

"yes heeseung i'll be on my way to the throne room now." sunghoon put the teacup down before heading to the throne not wanting to make life difficult for his hyung.

"this is sunghoon, my second son," queen jina politely introduced as sunghoon took his place beside jay.

sunghoon scanned the room. he did a fair bit of research, more like he tried to remember the names of the kim family and their personal courtier. he recognised king kim haneul and queen mirae and deduced that the lady with long black hair beside them was their oldest daughter princess chaeyoung. a boy with prominent dimples who seemed slightly younger than him was standing not too far away from the royal family and since he wasn't sitting down, it could only mean that he was yang jungwon the personal courtier to kim sunoo, the kims youngest son.

"i can practically feel you melting for that boy jay. stop it. where is the one promised to you?" sunghoon whispered.

jay snapped out of his trance looking away from jungwon who was blushing under the intense gaze of the crown prince. "i don't know but i think i just fell in love with that courtier."

sunghoon lightly shook his head. "if you fell in love in a second, you can just fall out of love with that boy in a second and focus your energy on trying to love whoever kim sunoo is."

"may i ask where kim sunoo is? it would be nice if jongseong could speak with him," queen jina asked politely.

"how do i put this? my son is a bit of a free soul. he left two days ago to come here on his own but i know that my son wouldn't have shown up here. he likes being with the people and living life on his own terms. though he did promise me he will show up today and when he makes a promise–" queen mirae spoke softly when she was interrupted by the opening of the door and soft pants coming from the entrance to the throne room.

sunghoon was lost. was freedom something to crave for when being a royal is such an esteemed privilege?

"see mom, i never break my promises!" a loud exclamation was made before the boy bowed to greet the parks properly after which he promptly sat down beside chaeyoung coincidentally across sunghoon.

sunghoon was preoccupied with eating his breakfast as he drowned out the chatter around him.

"sunghoon-ssi?"

sunghoon froze when he glanced up. there he was, the peach-haired boy from yesterday, in front of him now barely a metre away. his hair was falling in front of his face. his cheeks were flushed a pretty shade of pink presumably from running here. his hazel brown eyes gleamed in the sunlight and the mole under his eyes made his fox eyes pronounced.

he is stunning.

sunoo flushed darker under the extremely judging stare from sunghoon.

sunghoon realised that sunoo had actually called out for him. "yes sunoo-ssi?"

"you're handsome sunghoon-sii. the rumours about you didn't do you justice at all. have a nice day," sunoo smiled, his eyes crinkling, before gently excusing himself from the room.

everyone was too engrossed to notice him missing except jungwon who was slightly panicking when sunoo quietly exited the room and of course sunghoon himself.

sunghoon's heart had skipped a beat and the thrumming of heartbeat increased a tempo a second after.

kim sunoo, what are you doing to me?

– 

L