5

song:  open your eyes  –BLOO

5| foreign emotion unlocked

sunghoon reached the dining hall to see everyone seated and having breakfast. he quietly pulled a seat for himself and enjoyed the scrumptious toast with cream and the warm cup of coffee given to him by the maids. everyone was making small talk and one peach-haired boy was missing.

"anything you'd like to ask prince sunghoon?" jungwon softly smiled, taking a small bow.

"you'd been staring at my face blankly for quite some time," jungwon clarified.

sunghoon was indifferent, or at least he looked ice-cold.

jungwon shook his head. no wonder they call him ice-prince in ordon.

"where is the royal you're assigned to, if i may ask?"

"sunoo-hyung? i don't know of his whereabouts, prince sunghoon. usually he tends to be at the gardens if we were to be in ordon. here, i don't really know." jungwon replied.

how could a courtier not know where his royal is? useless. is ordon running a circus?

sunghoon excused himself after that. he couldn't comprehend why but his feet brought him to the palace garden as his eyes unconsciously searched for those fox eyes. there he was decked in a pair of knee-length shorts and a loose tee, practically hanging off of him, his collarbones out on display and a sliver of his lean chest exposed to the world.

sunghoon watched as sunoo happily weaved the vines and flowers to make a flower crown at the wooden table in the cleared section of the garden.

another boy who had a bunch of flowers in his hand sat down beside sunoo, handing them to him. sunghoon spots the aspen emblem embroidered on that boy's chest.

he is a maid.

sunghoon briskly walked up behind them until the boy noticed and immediately bowed down to sunghoon. sunoo saw niki swiftly stand up and bow down and thought jay had come to the garden.

"jay hyung~" sunoo drawled as he set down the flowers to greet his newly-made friend. the shock that awaited him was like no other.

"i'm sorry, good morning prince sunghoon, what brings you here?" sunoo bowed slightly.

sunghoon ignored sunoo and looked straight at that boy.

"how dare you sit beside him? answer me, has aspen's guards not taught you at all?" sunghoon growled, his calm demeanour offset by his pitch black eyes.

sunoo watched niki tremble in fear cowering away from sunghoon who was screaming at the fifteen year old. he's had enough. "park sunghoon, that's enough! i ordered him to sit down with me using my authority as the prince of ordon although he refused to do so multiple times before that. what grave mistake would it have been if he sat beside me if it hadn't been an order? nothing. we are not god, we are human just like him. why discriminate because of our title?" sunoo yelled, as he shielded niki away from him.

the anger swirled with something much more distasteful within him as sunghoon watched sunoo caress that boy wiping the tears out his eyes.

"how do you even call yourself a prince if you treat others like they're a speck of dirt under your polished shoe?" sunoo mumbled under his breath as he pulled niki out of the garden.

sunghoon knew that it hadn't been meant to be heard by him. but he had.

sunghoon didn't know what had come over him. it wasn't common but nor was it rare for servants to sit down beside royals.

anger and something else, something foreign, something so distasteful clawed at his heart when he had watched niki and sunoo, when he heard sunoo call out for his brother so sweetly, when he noticed some of the guards staring at sunoo's glistening unmarked skin and he couldn't take it. he had lashed out hard.

sunghoon placed his palm over his heart.

how do you make me feel so much when you're around and nothing at all when you aren't

how is this book so far? 

L