song:  slow dive    –A.C.E

10| unlocked emotion pinpointed: jealousy

"good morning prince sunghoon, breakfast is ready." heeseung bowed to sunghoon.

"hyung, i do not wish to have breakfast at the hall today, if that'd be alright."

"no problem at all, would you like to have breakfast in your room?"

"yes, please. that'd be great."

sunghoon's troubled look on his face was apparent to heeseung. he silently gestured for the maids to leave the room and gently locked the door.

"sunghoon, what's wrong?" heeseung sat down near the foot of his bed.

sunghoon let out a groan of frustration which went muffled by his pillow.

"i assume this is about kim's young prince?"

sunghoon shot up and threw the pillow at heeseung's face which the latter anticipated and caught the thing flying at his face.

heeseung chuckled, sunghoon had a habit about running away from things, especially those that throw a wrench into his perfectly functioning routine.

"did you know that jay and sunoo are not getting married?" sunghoon muttered.

heeseung nodded. he overheard the conversation between jay and sunoo in sunoo's room. it was quite late and one of the maids reported that prince jongseong was missing from his quarters. it was abnormal for the prince to do as such, going anywhere without a guard. heeseung quietly searched around the palace first and stumbled upon the late night conversation between jongseong and sunoo in sunoo's quarters.

noting how sunghoon did not mention about the getaway, heeseung knew it wasn't his place to tell. he may hear it all but he understands that it can never and will never be his place to tell, unless it hinders his duty which is to protect the parks.

after all, he's sworn to protect and serve them til death arrives.

"you knew and decided not to tell me?"

heeseung shrugged, "it isn't my place to do so, sunghoon."

sunghoon sighed, he knew very well how good heeseung keeps secrets.

"is that all you're asking?"

"well, no. after i heard sunoo say that, i...i– i felt so relieved. some part of me was happy but then thinking about jangjun and niki and how sunoo could choose any of them as his lover because he doesn't care for title and names but just how he feels for them, sent some sour feelings crawling in my heart. as of lately, i've been feeling this foreign emotion way too much. i have never felt this at all in life but with sunoo, it almost feels like they come together as a package deal. am i sick? am i allergic to him?"

heeseung chuckled. "you're not allergic to him at all, sunghoon."

"then why am i feeling this way?"

"it's something you have to figure out, sunghoon. i think it's time you realise books don't always have all the answers."

several knocks on the door brought heeseung to his feet as he bowed and left, making way for jake to enter.

"you don't have any major duties today, is there anywhere you'd like to go perhaps?"

meanwhile, heeseung watched sunoo beam at niki, gently ruffling the younger boy's hair. heeseung smiled to himself.

jealousy sure is powerful

just recovered from covid

feels great 

L