song: sinking down   –woodie gochild

12| hyung...

"taemin really loves sunoo huh?" jake chuckled but noticing sunghoon's smitten look just by watching sunoo, he quietly walked away to the corner.

does he even realise how he looks when he stares at sunoo?

sunghoon watched the children play with sunoo from a small distance away. he notices how sunoo cooed when he coddled the children on the floor, how his nose scrunches up when those small hands tug at his robes, how pinches and kisses the children's cheeks so affectionately.

"...prince sunghoon!"

sunghoon snapped out of his daze now directly staring at sunoo who was gesturing to the prince to sit down beside him. hesitantly, sunghoon sat beside sunoo, the children automatically hiding behind sunoo.

"prince sunghoon is a very nice guy. don't be afraid! he's like a genie, he can make anything happen if you ask him!" the children nod, intently listening to sunoo speak.

sunghoon leaned into sunoo, the space between them shrinking. sunghoon's soft breaths landed on sunoo's ears, making his hairs stand up. sunoo's breath hitched at their close proximity.

"hyung."

sunoo wasn't sure if he was hearing right.

"do you want them to call you hyung?" sunoo swivelled slightly, now his face inches away from sunghoon, their soft breaths intermingling.

"i want you to call me hyung."

sunoo's eyelashes fluttered as his hazel eyes gazed into sunghoon's black ones. "i can't–"

"but you can call jake, hyung?"

"you're a prince–"

"you call jay that too. do you dislike me that much, sunoo?"

quite the opposite actually.

sunoo looked away, unable to hold sunghoon's intense gaze any longer.

he nervously licked his lips before he softly uttered, "sunghoon hyung?"

sunghoon gently pinched sunoo's cheek before letting them go, attending to a small boy furiously tugging at sunghoon's emblem on his chest.

"can i call you sunghoonie hyung?" a small boy crawled up to sunghoon with a toy car in his tiny hands.

"you can call me that too," sunghoon replied, awkwardly patting the small boy's back though his eyes were on sunoo the entire time.

sunoo blushed, a red hue tinting his cheeks, nervously fiddling his fingers.

does he make my heart race intentionally?

"your highnesses, it's about time we head back to the palace."

the children whined, a few of them hanging off of sunghoon's thigh. they had grown fond of their country's prince.

sunoo kneeled down, gently peeling them off.

"i'll bring sunghoonie hyung another day, okay? i promise." sunoo promised the children before they bid farewell to the children.

sunghoon swore his heart leaped when he heard "sunghoonie hyung" escape from sunoo's lips.

they got onto the carriage back. sunoo yawned continuously before his eyes slowly fluttered close as he dozed off, his head rocking back and forth due to the bumpy ride.

sunghoon gently lowered sunoo's head on his shoulder as the latter burrowed into his neck at the newfound warmth.

"we have arrived–"

sunghoon hushed jake as he pointed to a sleeping sunoo on his shoulder.

"do you want me to carry him?" jake whispered.

sunghoon gently swept some strands of hair that fell on his face, the evening glow of the sunset kissing his face softly.

"pretty." sunghoon muttered before shifting his attention back to jake.

"i'll bring him. you are dismissed for the day jake." sunghoon whispered as he gently hooked his arm behind sunoo's knees and back, carrying him bridal style back to his room.

"does he even know how badly whipped he looks for sunoo?" jake groaned as heeseung chuckled.

"patience. it takes time for someone so dense to even realise that he fell in love." heeseung pat jake's back before walking off.

"god i hate those two!" jake mumbled before heading back to his quarters. 

– 

L