Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time

Title: Degrassi: The New Generation
Credit: by
Author: Milo Stuart
Source: Degrassi: The Next Generation
Draft date:
Notes:
Episode 9: Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time

.Scene 1

!The scene opens up to JACK sitting in the police station, his mother, SPIKE, sitting next to him. He's nervous, rubbing his palms together. His mother takes notice of his apprehension. She rubs his back to calm him down, giving him a slight smile.

SPIKE
(softly)
It's okay. Don't be nervous.

JACK
I can't help it. I revived my best friend's boyfriend. I don't know what they could possibly ask me.

SPIKE
You didn't do anything wrong.

JACK
I know that, but just the thought of someone hurting Ettore... (trails off) It just doesn't make sense. (looking pitifully at SPIKE) I'm really sorry, Mom. I didn't mean to cause so much trouble.

SPIKE
(smiling softly)
Honey, why are you sorry? You did a wonderful thing saving Ettore's life. I'm proud of you.

JACK
I keep thinking of what I could possibly know that could help. I mean I really only hung out with him when he was with Arsyn.

SPIKE
Well, is there anything else that you know that could possibly help them?

JACK
(shaking his head)
No. Not really. I mean, other than Eloise outing him to the school, but she was in the mansion when he was attacked.

SPIKE
And that's it? No one else? (JACK hesitates)

JACK
Well, there might be someone else. (he turns to his mother with fear in his eyes) See, something happened at school, right before break. (JACK bites his lips as the scene abruptly changes)

!The scene cuts to ETTORE in the living room, the camera panning out from him dangling a Christmas ornament in his hand as he reaches to put it on the tree. He's decorating the tree. He turns to grab another ornament as EMILIA enters the living room, caring a small box.

EMILIA
(setting the box down on the coffee table)
Okay, the invitations are done and ready to be delivered. (she sits down on the sofa and exhales deeply)

ETTORE
(briefly looking over his shoulder smiling as puts another ornament on the tree)
Mama and Papa sent the invitations out for the Christmas party months ago.

EMILIA
No, these are the invitations for the New Year's Eve party. (ETTORE finishes placing the ornament on the tree and walks over to the coffee table, picking up the invitations and going through the names on the envelopes, he stops on ELOISE's invitation and looks at EMILIA curiously)

ETTORE
Eloise? Really? You're inviting her? After the scene she made with Robin at your birthday party?

EMILIA
Yeah, well, I already invited her before all of that happened, and she's just seemed so miserable at school since she got kicked off power squad and the whole school alienated her. I just feel uninviting her would be bad for my Karma or whatever. (ETTORE raises his eyebrows as he sets the invitations back down on the coffee table)

ETTORE
(turning back to the tree)
Whatever helps you sleep at night. (grabs another ornament) Speaking of invitations, have you found a date to the Christmas party yet? Would be a shame for you to be going stag. (EMILIA gets up from the couch and joins her brother at the tree, grabbing an ornament)

EMILIA
Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I'm planning on asking someone. I just don't know if he's going to accept. (she places the ornament on the tree, ETTORE looks at her curiously, grinning)