26

"I'm a dealer. Weed, bit of pills, and sometimes powder" he admits, "I'm.. the leader. Well, the leader of my little rounds anyway. Michael wanted my position and he was going to hurt many people to get to it. So.. I showed him I'm stronger and he's backed down."

I stared. I didn't know what to say.. So he just continued..

"He hacked my phone, found out about you, and when he showed up tonight, I fear that he had intentions to hurt you. So.. that's why I warned my boys and sent you off with Louis"

"Thank you.. for keeping me safe"

He nodded and I squeezed his hand

"You aren't scared of me.. are you? Because the way you backed up from me and.. and hid behind Louis.." he stuttered over his words and I leaned forwards and sealed my lips to his

After a moment, I pulled back

"I didn't like seeing the blood" I whisper, "Now continue.. please"

He nodded and pecked my lips again

"What else do you want to know?"

"Don't be mad at Niall- or Louis- but.. they said Michael wanted to hurt people you cared about. For instance, me, Gemma, your mother.. and someone else. But Louis cut Niall short and tried to lie and say it's your dad.. but.."

He scrunched his nose and nodded slowly

"Yeah. it's.. obviously not my dad"

"That's what I said. I called them out but they said they couldn't tell me. Louis told me to calm down and I.. got angry. I came out here."

"I'm sorry, love.. but.. I don't think I should tell you that bit just yet."

I sighed and nodded. I guess I can put up with that for now.

"Are you.. in danger? Like, daily? Because I know dealing can be dangerous.."

"Yes. Well.. somewhat. I have people outside of this group that protect us."

"Okay.. why don't you go to school?"

"My rounds are in the morning. When they're over, half the school day has passed. I pay off my teachers for grades"

"last thing," I sighed

"Anything" he nodded

"Are you.. doing any of the things you deal?"

"The weed, yes. As for the pills and powder, I haven't for a long time."

"How long?"

"Almost a year.." He smiled a little and looked at our linked hands, "and I plan to never touch those things again"

"Did.. something happen?"

"Yeah.. I got someone I really care about taken away from me"