40

I went home with Niall. He called my friends, Nat and B, for me and said they were coming over soon.

"Niall.." I sighed

"Yeah?" he asked as he sat next to me on the couch

"I seen Harry"

"Wh-what?" he asked, confused

"He's manager- or owner or whatever at Abruzzi. I had to go there to see if they'd cater a wedding I'm setting up.. and.. had to speak to him"

"I'm.. I'm sorry"

"No, it's fine. I.. I just kept it professional. I told him the details of the wedding. He signed my papers. And I left."

Niall pressed his lips to the top of my head and I took a deep breath

"You know.. The last thing he told me... he promised that one day, when everythin was safer, he'd come back to me." 

I took a deep breath

"For five years.. Five years, I kept those words fresh on my mind. I.. I missed him. I thought of him. I prayed that one day he'd just turn up and love me.. but.. 7 years passed and.. this is how I find him."

"Darling.. I.. I don't know what to tell you.. but... I know how upset he was after he left you. He didn't speak to me or the boys for months. And.. he.. he got mean. He's lost a lot of really important things in his life, you being one of them, and... I think that's just.. tearing him up, ya know?"

"I wish for an explanation from him, though, Niall" 

"I know, babe.. I know"

Nat and B showed up.. I explained how the truck hit me and that I'm not actually hurt- just my wrist. All three of them ended up signing my cast.. 

Niall wrote 'Forever best friends' with a little heart on the end, then his tiny signature

Nat drew a little ice cream cone and a sunflower. 

Brady wrote his name and put little squiggles around it.

"Thank you guys" I giggled as I examined the now decorated cast

"Of course" Nat said as she patted my leg

Niall kissed the side of my head. 

Brady gave me a smile and tossed me the sharpie.