~ONE~

~Straight hair, straight A's, straight forward~

---------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, Mittens. Time for your first day." Edric Blight smiles at his little sister, Amity, as he hops out of the car.

"Ready?" Emira asks, grabbing her suitcase.

"I've always been ready." Amity nods. 

This is it Amity. Hexside. Your only shot at making it into Emperor's University.

---------------------------

It's difficult navigating the crowded halls after her older siblings had rushed off to their dorms. It was usually a boarding school, but lucky for Amity, her mom had decided to move three states away to be closer to the academy after Ed and Em's first year. That way, she could 'check up on their studies'. So now the Blight siblings all get to go home every weekend. Goody.

"Oops!" A familiar voice catches Amity's attention, and she turns around to see Willow Park, sitting on the ground trying to gather stuff she had dropped from her bag. Amity scoffed, gripping the handle of her suitcase tighter, and adjusting her tote bag on her arm as she walks away, her heels clanking against the halls as other students swarm around her, chatting amongst themselves.

What on earth is Willow Park doing here? She was never smart enough. Especially not for someplace like this.

Amity finally reached the doors to the cafeteria, where all freshmen were gathered. They were calling names up to get their dorm keys in alphabetical order. Luckily, Amity's name contained the first two letters of the alphabet. That meant she could get off to her dorm and start studying, that way she wouldn't be grounded when she goes home this weekend. 

"Amity Blight?" The attendance lady called. The green haired girl stepped up, grabbed her dorm key from the lady, and walked away as she continued calling names.

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she walked through the halls and up a flight of stairs to the girl's dorms. Her eyes scanned the doors as she walked quickly through the halls, until she found the matching number to her key. 

"Amity?" A voice distracts her from unlocking the door. She spins around to see her friend, Boscha. Her mom had forced her to become friends with Boscha after meeting her mom through Ed and Em.

"Oh, hey, Boscha." Amity nods. "I'll see you around." 

"Ami, we're finally here! You can't just shut yourself in there and study for hours." Boscha groans. "Come hang out with me and my roommate!" 

"I'm gonna unpack my stuff." Amity responds in a deadpan tone. "I'll text you later, alright?"

"Fine. Buzzkill." Boscha scoffs, walking back down the hall as Amity opens her door. The room is mostly empty, one bed on the left side of the room and another on the right. There's an open door leading to a bathroom, two dressers, and a bookshelf. All empty. Amity was excited to make it feel like home. According to the twins, your dorm should feel just the same as your room back home. Amity grabs an Airpod out of her pocket and puts it in her ear, hitting shuffle on her spotify playlist. She starts unpacking clothes and putting them in the dresser on the left side of the room, closest to the window and windowsill. A sudden creak of the door distracts her from unpacking, and she quickly pauses her music.

"Hello?" A brown haired girl stands in the doorway, holding a suitcase and waving nervously. "You're Amity, right? I'm not in the wrong dorm or anything?" 

"Yeah. That's me." Amity nods, then getting back to unpacking. "You can have the whole other half of the room." 

"Oh, alright! I'm Luz Noceda." She walks up to Amity and holds out her hand. Amity pauses unpacking again, and stares at Luz's hand, then glancing up at her.

"You know my name." Amity mutters, reluctantly shaking her new roommates hand. 

"So, why'd you wanna come here?" Luz asks as she starts getting random figures and posters out of her suitcase.

"Good curriculum." Amity responds like it's obvious, because it is. "I'm gonna apply for Emperor's University someday, so I need good credits." 

"Oh, that's cool." Luz nods, hanging a 'Gravity Falls' poster above her bed. "I just thought boarding school sounds fun, and my mom supported the idea of getting new experiences. I didn't have a good social life back home anyways, I needed a change." 

The sound of this disgusted Amity.

"You came to Hexside academy because you needed a new experience?" She turns around harshly, gaping at Luz. 

"Well, I guess.. I didn't expect to pass." 

"You have no idea how long I've been working to get here." Amity steps forward. "Listen, Noceda. You'll never make it here. Not unless you have true devotion and motivation. It's hard to get into this school. You're taking up the place of someone who really deserves it."

"I-I'm sorry, Amity." Luz backs up, her eyes wide. "I didn't know. I am devoted! I studied hard for the test. I'm really trying." 

Amity narrows her eyes at the girl, her voice seems sincere. She didn't mean to hurt her, but she couldn't believe Luz just wanted a change and up and decided to attend Hexside. This isn't Legally Blonde.

"Whatever." 

The rest of the two girls unpacking their stuff was quiet, so Amity continued listening to music. She payed no attention to whatever was going on over on Luz's side of the room. And quite frankly, she didn't care.

-------------

A/N: Hey guys! It's me starting yet another toh fanfic.. 

Yeah, lumity brainrot