~SEVENTEEN~

~My heart gives a flutter but I don't dare utter a word~

------------------------------

"But this isn't fair." Boscha protests as Luz and Willow rush over to the locker rooms. "We didn't expect to play against someone good."

"Too bad." Amity laughs.

"I can't believe you're just going around making friends desperately after leaving us." Boscha rolls her eyes.

"I'm a Blight. We only associate with a select few. You can keep being an ass, though. I'd be happy to select fewer." Amity responds as she hears footsteps behind her. 

"Okay Boscha, Skara, Amelia, we're ready." Willow nods.

Most of the game goes by quickly, and as it turns out, Willow is crazy good at basketball. 

"Luz, I'm open!" Amity yells, and Luz passes the ball to Amity. She gets ready to shoot, but her foot slips as she jumps up and she tumbles to the ground. Boscha grabs the ball and starts taking it to the other side of the court as Amity grips her leg. 

"Keep going, Luz! Worry about me later." She gives Luz a thumbs up. She sits there, gripping her leg which was in complete pain. She can hear the squeaking of sneakers and the bouncing of the ball against the court floor, almost triggering her back to the time she messed up the play and got her team hurt. When she was team captain. The annoying sound of the buzzer goes off, interrupting her thoughts. 

"A TIE?" She hears Boscha scream from the middle of the court. Amity giggles a bit, watching Luz blow a raspberry at the dumbfounded pink haired girl.

"Great job!" Cat high fives Willow, and Amity can hear Amelia asking her something about the team.

Skara, Boscha, Cat, and Amelia all leave, and Luz and Willow walk over to Amity.

"Are you okay?" Willow asks, sitting down.

"I think- I think I hurt my leg. But don't worry, I'll be alright!" Amity nods, attempting to stand up before wincing.

"Are you sure?" Luz questions. "I can help carry you if it really hurts." Amity's brain instantly malfunctions, and she can feel her mind turning in circles along with her stomach.

"What? I -I'm fine! Wh-Who's Amity?" She laughs, patting her lap. 

"Aaaaand scoop!" Luz smiles, picking Amity up in her arms bridal style. Amity can feel heat rising in her cheeks, her eyes wide as she processes the moment.

"Oh.. wow... sports!" She manages to get out. Why the hell did she say that? 

---------------------------

After a trip the school doctor and a long appointment that Luz had stayed with her for, Amity finally limps back to her dorm on crutches. 

"Amity, are you headed home for the weekend?" Luz asks as she helps Amity back inside.

"Well... I don't think so. I think I'll ask my mom to let me stay here. The nurse said less movement, so-" 

"Yay! Maybe it would be ok for me to invite Willow and Gus tomorrow so we could have a sleepover?" Luz suggests. Amity smiles at her roommate as she sits herself down on her bed. Fractured legs suck, but cute- NICE roommates certainly help.

"Sure." Amity nods. "I haven't had a sleepover since... A While." She laughs.

"Sounds good." Luz exclaims. "For tonight, you should get some rest. Maybe some disney movies and pop tarts?"

"Oh my god Luz." Amity laughs.

"What?"

"Nothing, just.. That sounds nice." She sighs. "Thank you."

"Okay, so you'll stay in your dorm this week. I'll bring you all your school work at the end of each day." Luz starts mentally listing things. "I can handle finishing the book report."

"Luz, no! Bring me my part of the report, I don't want you doing it all." Amity protests. 

"You should be focused on resting, not working." Luz shakes her head. "Now, we have some disney movies to watch."

"Fine." Amity mumbles. 

---------------------------

Amity woke up with a start, sitting up instantly before feeling a flash of pain. She winces, laying back down against the backboard of the bed. She glances down at the girl who was laying holding her arm. She was asleep so peacefully. Wait. Luz slept on Amity's bed? Amity feels blood rushing to her head as heat fills her cheeks. She laughs lightly, grabbing a hair tie off her wrist and putting her hair up, ever so carefully taking her arm out of Luz's grasp. She notices the computer is still on her lap, and moves it to the side without moving too much.

"Hey.. Luz.." She whispers, nudging her friend lightly. She looks so peaceful... Amity finds herself noticing just how beautiful Luz is naturally. Her messy bed head made her even cuter than normal, her eyes were closed lightly, and her breathing was soft. Her lips were slightly apart, but Amity was forcing herself not to stare. Suddenly, Luz's eyes squeeze tight and she moves a bit closer to Amity, still unconsious. Amity giggles a bit, feeling her stomach turn. 

"Luz! Wake up." She whisper-yells, nudging Luz again.

"Hm?" Luz hums, her eyes fluttering open. She sits up a bit, rubbing her eyes.

"You awake?" Amity asks.

"No." Luz shakes her head, sleepily propping herself up beside Amity.

"Oh yeah?" Amity holds her hand up by her mouth as she laughs at how tired Luz is. She suddenly hears a notification on her phone, which is over on her desk. She frowns, unable to stand up without a whole process. 

"I'll grab it for you Princess Amity. Don't worry, I'm your fearless champion, remember?" Luz winks, standing up and grabbing Amity's phone from the desk.

"What?" Amity tilts her head. 

"Oh- that might've been a dream.." Luz chuckles, tossing the phone in Amity's lap and sitting back down.

"Pft- some dream." Amity picks up her phone, wondering what had happened in Luz's dream. She checks the notifications, skimming her eyes over the words she dreaded.

Mom: Amity Blight, you must return home for the whole week. No excuses. 

"Ugh, nooo!" Amity groans.

"What?" Luz asks. "What is it?"

"I'm going home for the entire week."