Chapter one.🤍

Robin and I are working, not many customers due to the "earthquake". Most people moved out of Hawkins pretty quickly.

As I'm lost in thought I hear the bell ring, meaning the door open. I shoot my head up and it's Eddie. He gives me a small smile as a throw up a small wave.

Eddie walks around the store, looking in our horror collection and a few times his eyes lander on the rom-coms. He picked out "the exorcist" and brung it up to the counter. Robin starts to ring up the movie and put in the computer that he's renting it.

He gives me a side eye and shifts to his side, his body facing towards me and his elbow holding up all his weight on the counter.

"You're a bit quieter than usual Munson.. what's going on?" I say, moving close to Robin. Eddie let's out a small laugh "my uncles back in town and let's just say it's hella awkward" he says, leaning towards me. I feel my body stiffen and laugh a bit "yea I say it is awkward, especially after being framed for a murder" I say and Eddie nods.

I look into Eddie's eyes, getting lost in his deep brown eyes. Robin cleared her throat, grabbing both of our attention. "You're all set Eds." she says has she hands the movie to Eddie. He smiles and glances at me, giving me a slight wink.

Robin shoots her eyes over to me, I can feel my face heating up. Eddie smiles "see y'all later" he says as he's walking out. I relax my body more and Robin looks at me dumbfounded.

"What the hell was that Steve?" she says, raising her voice slightly. I shrug my shoulders in an 'I don't know' because I really don't know. Honestly I've never really felt like this towards any of my friends. I mean I did with Nancy while we were dating but that's really it. Plus I don't think Eddie's gay?

Why am I questioning if Eddie's gay? Wouldn't he have told me. Wait, am I gay? Holy shit. It's just that Eddie makes me feel some way that I've only felt with one other person and it wasn't as strong as I feel it with Eddie.

Robins groans and walks to the back room, probably to slam her head on the desk. It's what she does when she gets frustrated with me if i'm being completely honest. I sit on a stool behind the counter and open a drawer of magazines. With the way the store hasn't been busy you've gotta find something to do.

+++++

It's time to finally close the store. For some reason it was much more slower than it usually was today. I walk out of the store, locking it behind me. I can feel the presence of a person behind me but I choose to not look back.

As I pull the key out of the door I feel a hand slide up on my shoulder, I jump a bit at this. I turn around and see Eddie staring at me with his dark, but sparkling brown eyes.

I let out a huff of exasperation, and laugh a tiny bit. "God munson, what are you doing here?" I say as he takes his hand off my shoulder, shifting his weight to his other leg.

He sighs, I look at him confused. What is he doing here so late? He looks a bit hesitant, he lets out another small breath. "Can I-" he stops "actually, nevermind. Just here to say goodnight". I can see a bit of sadness in his eyes, he gives me a sad smile. I nod "is that all you needed?". He nods a bit, smiling and waving. I nod "goodnight Munson.". He gets in his van as I get in my car. We both wave goodbye to eachother and go opposite ways.