chapter 11: easy

TW: harassment, mentions of rape, lots of crying.

This is a little longer than usual, so enjoy. Though the writing is a little sloppy 😍

Also, what's up with everyone and not commenting 😍

Comment 🔫

————

With the arrival of April showers, Harry accepted the fact that Louis' looks weren't the only aspect of him that had attracted him. It was easy; Louis was a really likable person. But while he appeased the fantasies of his inner omega, the lingering thoughts of the royal troops finally finding him besieged his mind day and night. The worst aftermath of that situation would have to be Louis finding out he was a royal after all. He couldn't bear the look of betrayal that was sure to befall the alpha's face upon the revelation. Which was why he was adamant about running away from here, too.

His heart was still stuck on the prospect of living in Caspia one day, away from the burdens of his past life, and residing in a realm where omegas weren't treated like dirt sounded absolutely gratifying. His plan was rather simple (he hoped it would turn out to be an effective one, as well).

Zayn and Louis' friendship was something he had to get accustomed to. Both couldn't live a day without seeing each other. Some days, Zayn would visit Louis, and the other days, Louis would fulfill his role by visiting the honey-eyed alpha. They had a lucid dynamic between them, and of course, since Louis wasn't keen on leaving him home alone for longer periods, Harry was always present while the two alphas met.

And since Zayn had a job in the town, the alpha was up-to-date with all the information being dispatched in the village grapevine. It was through Zayn that Harry learned the royal troops sent to search for him were close to giving up altogether. It was through Zayn that he learned Richard had married one of his half-sisters. What an absolute bastard his father was.

Feeling a little more secure now that people weren't searching for him left to right, he started devising a plan. It was penny plain, he would run away the moment Louis left to run some errands in the town. While he still had the wad of cash he had stolen from his father's safe, just to hedge his bets, he picked up two items from Louis' bureau — a ruby-embedded necklace that appeared as if it would earn him a fortune, along with his grandmother's bracelet. It was unethical, and wrong on so many levels— he was, after all, doing the same thing he had resented Louis for doing— but he had no other option left.

He would need money, not to live adequately in Caspia, but to get to the kingdom in the first place, and as far as he knew, no one accepted banknotes in Zemira.

It was for the sake of his survival, he had told himself as he had left Louis' house with his satchel clutched tightly against his chest. The winter jacket Louis had given him laid loosely on his shoulders as he traversed through the labyrinthine paths. The sun was harsh and relentless on his skin the more he neared the town locality, and with the canopy of trees dispersing, he was left sweating profusely, skin overheated and bloodred. It should have been more concerning to him, and perhaps, he should have given it much thought instead of blindly walking through the humid grass blades that itched at his bare shins.

He was doing the right thing, he told himself repeatedly, forcing his brain to rerun the words over and over again until he started believing them himself. Finally out of the woods and onto the decaying path that led to the town square, he let himself rest a little by a large tree, wiping away the sweat that had accumulated on his face. Amidst the thousand thoughts of living a peaceful life in Caspia, he imagined Louis coming home to an empty house. A little more into the future, he imagined Louis sharing their nest with another omega. The thought burned his insides until his skin felt as hot as the heat emitted by a hearth.