chapter 14: storms

hello, im aware my updates aren't anywhere near close to being frequent and ik I can't keep apologizing for it forever. But to provide you a little insight into what's been going on in my life:

I've been going through some personal issues for quite a while now and on top of that, I've got crazy deadlines for assignments and presentations at uni. I'm also doing an online course so my schedule is as packed as it can get these days and when I do get some free time, I compensate for it by sleeping through my afternoons since I can't sleep through the nights.

so, I do understand the low audience engagement and stuff. But I just wanted to clarify that I will be finishing this fic since I've been planning its ending and its inception for almost 2 years now. It also won't be a short story anymore, I'm sure you've gathered that since we're already at like 60k+ words and there's still a long way to go ig? 

Anyways, happy reading y'all! I've been wordbuilding tis like with every other fic I do, but this chapter does lay some foundations for Larry's relationship for the future!

Also, as you've already gathered, I'm pretty shit at the posh talking of the olden times, so we'll just have to deal with them talking like emo GenZs 😍

———————

"I won't take no for an answer. Now, how about you sit your arses down on that bench and wait patiently?" She was a scary lady when she wanted to be, Harry was reminded yet again. Though the words were directed towards both of them, her sterling eyes were set on Louis, pinning him down with a ferocious glare that would have surely had him quivering in his boots had he been on the receiving end of it. But he wasn't, thankfully.

Louis, smarter than he had pegged him to be, agreed with the woman's wishes. They watched her hobble into the kitchen, one of her hands tightly clutching a wooden cane. "One of the royal guards cut her leg off when they came to know she was supporting and nurturing a rogue," Louis said, low enough for it to be heard only by him. He winced, forehead creasing into a frown as he tried to think of just how many people these "royal guards" were hurting. Just how much injustice was being pelted at the locals by the supposed authorities. "That isn't right," he mumbled. Back in Eonshire, his father would merely give fair warnings to those who interacted with rogues, and if and when the interactions did get out of control, the said wolves were simply thrown out into the wild.

Might as well live with those who you love, his father used to say with a scornful curl of his lips.

But this, this wasn't right. The royal guards had no right of delivering punishments for crimes performed by locals, especially locals who were old and fragile. "I told you. Richard is a man of no morals." Louis scoffed, turning on his heels to plod over to the bench Barbara had mentioned before. "Why stay under his sovereignty, then?" He mused, following the alpha and taking a perch on the hard, wooden bench. "You could come with me when I leave for Caspia." He suggested softly, rushing in to propound his proposal before Louis could say something else. Louis' aversion to Richard in particular had already ignited a steady flame of hope in his heart. He was sure Louis would agree somehow. It would make things so much easier then.

He would have someone to lean on whilst eloping. And of course, if Louis was around then he wouldn't have to worry about any rabid alpha approaching him— though, he was certain Louis couldn't fight to save their lives. At least, his presence as a domineering alpha would be enough to send some alphas scampering away. However, the most beneficial of it all was probably how he wouldn't have to leave Louis behind. He also wouldn't have to worry about some lousy omega lechering over his Louis.