𝐱𝐢𝐢. resurrections

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑭 𝑼 𝑳 𝑳  𝑴 𝑶 𝑶 𝑵
❝ 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍?! ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓.

After Selene's chilling discovery of Yeong-saeng reincarnation, she's been...off the grid. Tony, of course, was confused; he assumed that he and Selene had developed a friendship, a good enough friendship that lasted beyond the battlefield, but other than Bruce who he worked with constantly, none of the Avengers seemed down to meet up.

It wasn't like he cared much about the others. Sure, he sees them as comrades and would willingly fight alongside them again when the time comes, but he wasn't all that close with them.

Selene was...different.

Yet he couldn't reach her.

In true Tony Stark fashion, he ignored her eventually, and moved back to his home in California. Pepper and Happy kept him company, but he still recognized the fact that they technically worked for him. So, as a way to cope, he threw himself into his work. But then the anxiety attacks started happening.

It felt like a wake-up call for him, realizing that maybe he wasn't formidable enough. The only thing he could think of doing was upgrade his suits. Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade...eventually building his forty-second suit.