Chapter 8

It was months later when everything seemed to get better. Liam has been discharged from the hospital as his condition had finally shown a good prognosis, so Mild decided to let the boy stay home after months of being in the hospital. Liam was over the moon when he first heard the news, and Gulf silently prayed to God for his son to keep progressing well, fighting the illness.

Considering Liam's condition, Gulf can finally give himself a break from trying to conceive, and he has been much happier. No longer drowning himself in the guilty feeling for not getting pregnant yet, he thanked Mew for that. The dominant had never failed to stay with him throughout his miserable phase when he keeps beating himself for not showing any pregnancy signs after months of trying. He only wanted to focus on keeping himself healthy and fit enough to carry a baby.

Gulf has learned to put his focus on what is there rather than what is not helping them cope. It is easy getting back to their home routine, just like it used to be eight years ago, but this time with the twins.

The morning starts to look lighter and brighter from thereon. There is still that lingering anxiousness, but Gulf and Mew have learned to embrace it as a part of them. It will never permanently leave, but surely it will not break them anymore. As a matter of fact, it reminds Gulf every day of how beautiful his family is, to appreciate Mew, who still keeps his promises, and not to forget the twins. Gulf tried to be stronger each day for Liam, emotionally, physically, and mentally. He is getting so much better as each day went by compared to a few months ago when he suffered alone as a single parent taking care of his sick son.

Weekends in Jongcheveevat's house have had a movie night session since Liam was home. The four of them would be huddled in a fort that Mew assembled using blankets, chairs, and pillows. The twins love it so much that Mew willingly makes them every time they have a movie at night. Weekends are a sacred time for families, so, Gulf knew that Mew tried to spend as many times with their kids and him, trying to compensate for all the times lost with them.

Liam has finally regained his energy, even though he could not be as active as before, but the fathers were happy to see Liam play on the ground again. It was all they prayed for, to see Liam playing outside with Lily. Every Saturday evening, Mew would take the twins and him to the park near their new house. Mew secretly bought a new house for his family as a sign to start a new one. The said man wanted them to have a fresh beginning as a family in the new house. Gulf was taken aback at first when he knew, but Gulf knew Mew meant well. The dominant wants to provide the best for their family. Mew's continuous efforts slowly broke down the wall he built, and he honestly did not mind that anymore. He wanted to follow his heart over his rationale, too, this time. They are finally home, and that is all that matters now.