Chapter 3

The Keeper

You were like a dream,

         I wish I hadn't

         slept through.

Within if I fell deeper,

         than your heart would

         care to let you.

I thought you were a keeper,

          I wish I could

          have kept you.

-Lang Leav

It took another 2 days for Gulf to finally ready to meet Mew again

It took another 2 days for Gulf to finally ready to meet Mew again. Gulf agreed to let Mew meets the twins because the said man is still their biological father, no matter how much he hated the fact. After all, he does not have the right to stop Mew from meeting their kids because it was the twins' decision to either accept their other father or not.

And because the other part of him was scared that Liam will leave the world without knowing who his other father is.

"I'm letting you tell them about you because they've been waiting for you all these times. I don't have the heart to lie on their face saying their daddy is dead when the fact that he is very well alive. They deserve to know who their daddy is. If they want to accept you then, I don't have any choice but to be okay. But that doesn't mean we can be like before, though. I can only accept you as their father and that's it," Gulf said, a tone full of nothing but hatred and grief that made Mew shut his eyes, nodding.

Mew could only accept every word coming out from Gulf's mouth.

He deserved that, after all.

The latter then turned his body to open the door, entering Liam's room. Mew followed the carrier, stepping his foot inside where he could see the twins doing some coloring while sitting on the floor. Pencil colors and coloring books are scattered on the floor.

Gulf immediately went to them, sitting beside Lily. Mew only stared at the three of them, standing in the corner of the room.

"Liam, Lily. Papa has promised to bring someone special today, right?" Gulf asked the twins who already noticed the presence of a stranger in the room.

Gulf lifted his head and stared at Mew as a signal for him to introduce himself.