Chapter 11

Vote for this chapter first, loves ♥️

enjoy!

When Gulf opened his eyes again, he realised he was lying alone on a hospital bed

When Gulf opened his eyes again, he realised he was lying alone on a hospital bed. He tilted his head to his left only to see an empty bed. The realization then hit him that it wasn't a dream - or he wanted to call it a nightmare. His eyes then begin to swell again, the tears hanging against his eyelashes before he blinks them away, wiping the one on his cheeks with the back of his hand.

He could feel his throat feeling a little raw and sore from all the crying and screaming he did.

Then, Mew entered the room. He tried to ignore the dominant, who slowly closed the distance between them before settling at the edge of the hospital's bed.

"You fainted. The doctor said maybe because you were shocked," Mew spoke.

"Where's Liam?" is all that matters for him now. No one else. Even the baby inside him.

"We're preparing for the funeral. But, Gulf, Dr. Wong advised you to rest so, I'll take care of everything else."

"And who are you to stop me?!" Gulf raised his voice, which made Mew jump a bit, not expecting the pregnant man to be furious.

"It's the best for you and the baby, Tua-eng," the dominant persuaded, caressing Gulf's hair softly.

Mew didn't expect that. Gulf pushed his hand, trying to get out of the bed.

"Where are you going, Gulf?"

Mew held Gulf's wrist, preventing the pregnant man from leaving.

"Please, Mew. Don't stop me from seeing Liam. I h-have been there since day 1. Just let me be with him for the last time."

The inevitable tears Mew has been trying so hard to hold onto finally make their appearance by rolling down his cheeks. With this sudden news, Mew was already in agony; he could only imagine Gulf's pain. It had been hours since Liam was gone, but he couldn't digest it well yet; what more Gulf?

Mew rose and took Gulf into his arms. The dominant buried his face in Gulf's shoulder and tried his best to mourn silently as he could. He was the first to know the tragic news when Mild called him instead of Gulf, but it didn't make it any less painful, even hours later. It just keeps scraping a larger hollow in his heart.

He already cried and wanted to remain compose for Gulf but he failed to. It was hard.

Soon later, the wailing, screaming, and crying this time were louder than before because of the sounds of pain and agony from both parents who had just lost their son.