Chapter 28

**Small mentions of sexual themes**

(Juliana's POV)

The past three days have been very busy. Caius has been who knows where. He always disappears and appears once again out of nowhere. He's very secretive about something. While he has been doing whatever he does I have been with Demetri, making sure different things were ready for the ceremony.

But thankfully the three days are now over and the ceremony day is here.

***

"Demetri is going to help you pick the dress for you at the ceremony." Caius told me when he rushed into our room. "The ceremony starts in four hours. I'm sorry that I haven't been by your side these past three days. I will make it up to you somehow, okay." He kissed my cheek.

"Okay. But what have you been doing since you have been so busy?"

"I'm sorry but I can't tell. Not yet. You will find out later in the ceremony."

I nodded. I was pretty nervous. This ceremony was a really big thing so I was scared to mess some things up.

Caius saw the sudden change in my expression. He took my hands in his and wrapped them around himself and then wrapped his around my waist.

"It's going to go just fine. You are going to do great darling. Don't worry." He spoke calmly, his voice comforting me.

I looked up in his eyes. "Are you going to be there as well?" I was a bit worried.

"I'm going to be by your side the whole time. I promise."

I nodded, feeling relief washing over me. I was nervous because I didn't have any idea what was going to happen in the ceremony. The only thing I knew was that I was going to be somehow officially accepted in this coven.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt Caius' lips on mine. I immediately kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him down more on my level. He placed his hands on my hips pulling me against his body.

A small moan left my lips and I bit his lower lip. Caius toyed with the hem of my shirt and slipped his hands under it caressing my sides.

We had never even gone this far and the more we kissed I could feel myself needing him more and more.

"Love-" Caius tried to speak but I interrupted him by kissing him harder. "Juliana." He pulled away completely.

"What?" I asked.

"We can't. Not like this. I want it to be more special and I want us to take our time. I don't want our first time together to be a quicky."

I was going to argue at first but then I realized that he was right. I also wanted to do it properly and when we had more time so I nodded and unwrapped my arms from around his neck.

"I'm sorry but I need to go. Demetri will be here soon." He placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "See you in the ceremony."

And with that he left the room quickly.

"See you." I muttered and sat on my side of the bed taking a book from my bedside table and started to read.

~

After fifteen minutes Demetri knocked on the door so I let him in.

"Let's pick that dress for you." Demetri smiled and opened my closet. "So. We are looking for a formal dress. Let's see what we have here."

~

In an hour we went through probably dozens of different dresses. None of them were good enough. If I said yes Demetri said no and if Demetri said yes I said no. It truly wasn't easy but then finally we found it.