Chapter 53

(Juliana's POV)

Today is the day.

We are going to Forks.

~

The Kings, guards, me, Sulpicia and hundreds of vampires that were completely unknown to me walked through the snowy forest of Forks and towards the field where we were supposed to meet my family.

I was walking right behind Caius. He was keeping me tightly behind him.

The forest ended and a huge open field covered in snow opened in front of us.

There were thirty vampires standing on the other side of the field. One of them being Renesmee. I could hear her heartbeat.

"Red cloaks are coming. Red cloaks are coming." I heard someone muttering from the other side.

When we walked even closer, the Kings and the guards separated from the rest and walked forwards when the others started to walk behind us.

Then the wolves appeared from the woods. Growling and snapping their teeths.

We stopped. Aro took the hood of his cloak off of his head and let it fall on his shoulders. Everyone followed his actions, taking their hood off. Me included.

I watched how Carlisle walked forward to speak to Aro.

"Aro. Let's discuss things like we used to... civilized manners."

"Fair words Carlisle. Little out of place given the batalion you have assembled against us." Aro answered.

"I can promise you, that was never my attempt. No laws have been broken."

"We see the child. Do not treat us like fools." Caius spat from in front of me.

"She's not immortal!" Carlisle yelled. "These witnesses can attest to that. You can look." Carlisle nodded and turned around to point at Renesmee. "See the flush of human blood on her cheeks."

"Enough of this!" Caius spoke annoyed.

I have never seen Caius when he was with his brothers to take care of something. This was a completely new side of him to me.

It almost felt like at this point the fact that that is my family who he's talking to had left his mind. The ruthless King Caius that everyone knows was now standing in front of me. And the sweet and loving Caius tightly hidden.

"I will collect every facet of the truth." Aro moved his hand in front of Caius to tell him to calm down and to let him take care of this. "From someone more central to this story... Edward. As the child clings to your newborn mate... I assume that... you are involved." Aro smiled and took a few steps closer to them.

I watched how Edward petted Renesmee's hair gently and turned to look at Bella before leaving their side and walking to us. To Aro.

Aro reached out his hand so he could see what Edward had seen.

Right before Edward placed his hand on Aro's he glanced at me standing behind Caius.

Aro then grabbed Edward's hand in his and wrapped both of his hands around it.

Aro's eyes widened and a smile formed on his lips. Then he stopped smiling.

"I'd like to meet her." He spoke up.

Edward turned to look at Bella and Renesmee. Bella took her daughter's hand in hers and together with one of the wolves they started to walk to us. At the last second Emmett joined them too.