Horror - Droid × Fem!Reader

She/Her PronounsI set it on Halloween because I thought it would be suitable :)

She/Her Pronouns
I set it on Halloween because I thought it would be suitable :)

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Beginning to giggle, his expression grows confused, "What's so funny?"
"I know you're gonna regret it!" you snort out, causing him to tut at you.
"You'll see! I'll prove you wrong!" he enforces, crossing his arms like a toddler having a temper tantrum. Your lover had decided it would be smart to play 'In Silence' late at night, in the dark, on Halloween. You know how frightened he can get, and how simple it is for you to scare him. You chuckle once again as an idea appears in your head.

Droid was a consistently cheerful guy. He always had a joke to crack, a stupid comment to produce, with an adorable laugh. His face had been lightly painted red, since he knew you were right - he would be scared shit-less - but he didn't want to admit it. His cheeks suited his dark hair drooping over his forehead, usually finger combed out of the way when he's not embarrassed. His dark glasses complimenting his face, the eyes with a bright glint peeking through the lenses. They were always reflecting the light, expressing how joyful that man is. A dark grey hoodie was resting over his torso, a logo of a white smiley face that a multitude of people would recognise in a second. You were gifted the dark green one from the same set, but you kept it safe due to it's sentimental value it held to you.

"When does the session start?" you question, stabbing your fork into the dyed pasta covered in a cream sauce - he loved his spooky themed pasta, each piece either dyed black, orange or green. He pauses, attempting to remember, "About 9 ish, Megan is dragging Chris out so he said he might be a bit late."
You chuckle once again, "Alright, because you're helping me with the trick-or-treaters."
"I'd help you even if I missed the session, I love it!"
"Good," you respond snarkily, winking at him before returning to your meal. His pasta shapes, covered in a white cheese sauce, with chicken chunks and bits of bacon sprinkled inside. You barely use a sauce packet from the shops, finding joy in creating homemade sauces was never expected. You had added a couple of herbs too, meaning small bits of greenery dotted all over the bowl, and its contents.

Before long, it had reached 5:45pm, almost the usual time children in your area would begin their festivities, the final preparation stage. The day before you collaborated with Droid to decorate the house, ensuring everybody knew you'd have treats. Ripping open a large bag, you pour a variety of candy into a deep, orange bowl, with a black carved pumpkin face painted on the front. You follow the same actions, with a different packet, and began to mix them together. Droid had an identical bowl, although this one was black with an orange pumpkin face instead. He began filling this one with mini toys, a friendly alternative. Small pop-its, rubber stretchy men, keychains, mini packets of colouring pencils, all sorts of things a child can use. This was a tradition for you, ever since your cousin had dietary problems with sweets she was given, and Droid accepted it.

His costume solely consisted of his Good Luck Bear onesie, as he enjoyed staying consistent. You never argued, you just joined him, as you began to jump into your Funshine Bear onesie you bought to match his. You grinned at him when the first knocks echoed off of the door. Opening the door slightly, three kids burst into tune "Trick or Treat!"
"Well hello there! Very good costumes," you smile, as you feel Droid step behind you.
"So, you have a decision to make!" in unison, you tip the bowls slightly towards them, allowing them to peak inside. The kids begin 'ooh'ing and 'ahh'ing at the options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lounging across the sofa, you had a mug of hot chocolate resting in your palms. A couple of small marshmallows dotted across some whipped cream balanced upon on the top, your favourite hot drink. You were still in your onesie, snacking on the leftover candy pieces, with a comedic horror film lighting up the room alongside the lamp in the corner. The time read 10:23pm. Your boyfriend was involved in a gaming session at this time, a horror game, the perfect night for it. Occasionally, you'd hear shouting erupting from his room, it became almost background noise as it happened too often. You give off a light sigh, wishing you could just sit and cuddle with him, blanket over your legs, watching a film. Although, he has a job to do, and you can't deny him from that.

Then it hit you.

Delicately placing your mug onto the oak wood coffee table, a slate placemat beneath the cup, you pull yourself off the sofa. Raising your hood above your head, you drag yourself towards the stairs. Taking each step at a time, attempting to avoid all noise. Your balance was awful when on tip-toes, but you had committed to the joke. Arriving at the top, you exhale slightly. You recall one spot along the hallway which creaks, so you avoid it as much as possible, continuing to tiptoe.

Lightly pushing the door open, you spot the 6 foot man sat forward - you have slowly learnt that this is the "Hyperfocus Gaming" pose that many people talk about. His eyes were fixated on the dark screen, his character running through a forest. There was another man in front of him, spotting him while you crept towards him. You suddenly place your hands on his shoulders, shouting randomly. His body jumps, sscreaming with you, "FUCK!!" you begin shrieking with laughter. He begins too, turning around to glance up at you. A grin painted his face, and you kiss him on the nose. "You're about to die," you comment, pointing towards the screen. He flips around, panicking to get out of dying. You laugh once again, before heading out.

"Love ya!"

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈