Chapter 5

I jumped out of the bunk and raced out there. Carter was jumping up and down with a smile on her face. "What's wrong!?" I exclaimed as Kendall ran out. "You guys are on TV!" She squealed, pointing. Big Time Girlfriends was on. "Um yeah. We have a TV show." Kendall said, laughing. "Oh..I feel a little stupid. Sorry." She said, sitting down. "It's fine." I said, smiling. Kendall walked back to his bunk and I sat down next to Carter. "Wanna play a game?" I asked. "Sure." She replied, pulling her legs up to sit cross-legged. "I'll say a word and you say the first thing that comes to mind." I said and she nodded.

"Apple." I said. "Pie." She answered. Her mom always used to make apple pie. 

"Beach." "Surfing." We once went on vacation to Florida with our families and went surfing. 

"Plane." "Crash." The reason she has amnesia. 

"Puppy." "Max." She got a puppy named Max for her 14th birthday. 

"Boyfriend." "August 11th 2008." My breath caught in my throat. That was the day we started dating.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just what came into my head." Carter said noticing how tense I was. "I-it's fine. It's noting." I said, shaking it off. "Wanna watch some TV?" I asked and she nodded. She picked up the remote and started flipping through the channels. I got up and opened the cabinets, pulling out a bag of popcorn. I put it in the microwave and got a bowl. When it was done I put it in the bowl, joining Carter on the couch. My arm unconsciously went around her and she didn't object. I smiled and focused on the movie.

.

Two hours later, when the movie was over, Carter had fallen asleep on my shoulder. As creepy as it sounds, I watched her sleep. She did this cute thing where she inhales through her nose and exhales through her mouth. It was adorable. Suddenly, I had the urge to sing, like I used to.

"I bet you didn't notice, first time your heart was broken, you called me up and we talked till the morning." I sang quietly, not to wake her up. "You're not alone girl, look over your shoulder. I'll be here to hold ya. 'Cause you know, you know, you know, you're not alone." I sang, smiling.  

I stopped singing when Kendall called my name. I gently picked her up and laid her back down on the couch. I put the blanket around her and walked back to the bunks. "Yeah?" I asked, looking up on the top bunk. "James is mad at you." He sighed, staring at the ceiling. "Why?" I groaned, running a hand through my hair, which I left down after the white house. "He doesn't think Carter should be on the tour. He thinks she has a secret." He continued. "So? So what if she does? I like her and that's all that matters."  I said. "But Logan, you don't understand. James is going to keep questioning her, pestering her, until he gets the answers he wants." Kendall said, getting out of the bunk and standing next to me. "Just watch your back- and Carter's." He said before walking into the bathroom.

Sorry if its short! Updating this before I have to update my laptop! 

What do you think is going to happen between James, Logan, and Carter?

5 votes for the next chapter?

Leave questions and comments below! :) xx