Christmas - highschool oneshot (?)

How could winter afternoons get even better? The room was dark, as the only light there were fairy lights scattered around the room.. and glow in the dark stickers on the ceiling that seemed to be there since day one. The air was filled with the sweet mix of hot chocolate and gingerbread. And he was right next to him..

" cheers" they both said in sync as their mugs full of hot chocolate and marshmallows clinked. Christmas was just around the corner. But the professors always found a way to disturb the calm season.

They've been in his room for half an hour already.. and all they've done was laying out every single highlighter and stationary item they had on hand. They were originally sat around Sova's table.. but they quickly moved down on the ground. That's what teens in movies did anyways, right? Maybe they shouldn't have been partners for this project, thought Sova to himself. But he would be lying if he said he wasn't laughing every other second.

" Okay.. okay, so. We're supposed to study the activity and usage of bacterial cells? And then.. bake bread to demonstrate?" Omen asked the other as he swirled around with a pencil against a blank page of paper.

"You got it" Sova replied as he looked at several notes. He enjoyed biology.. and Omen took fancy in different things, but he could make bread! Which was the other half of the grade. " Wait.. hold on I hate this song" Sova mumbled as he leaned over to the bed to pick up Omens phone. " You have a picture of us as your lock screen? " Sova asked him with a sheepish smile painted across his face.

Omen was quick to snatch his phone from his hands. He was flustered. "And what about it? Are you going to make fun of me?" he asked in defense. His cheeks covered with a vibrant rosy tint. Sova used to always label it as him having the fragment of dawn in his heart. Omen always brushed it off as corny.. but he secretly seeked those poetic compliments.

" no no- that's not what I meant. I find it cute! In the good way of course. We look pretty in that picture" the blonde male said with a chuckle at the end.

" lucky..." omen whispered as he playfully hit Sova's shoulder. " I hate you" he joked as he skipped the song he didn't like. His heartbeat was racing.. he knew that Sova didn't think bad of him. But there was this stress lingering in him.

" I know you love me" Sova teased back with a smile as his eyes were on the notes again. Omen's heart sunk even deeper.

" What if I did?" Omen decided to tease black hesitantly. But Sova didn't answer, he only put his textbook down and leaned his back against his bed. " So you love me? Do you mean love.. or love love" He asked with pauses in between the two options.

" are you blind? Of course the second option" Omen said as silence filled the air right after.
The blonde didn't understand. It came out so randomly.

" Did you smoke weed dude? And I get it.. I'm blind in one eye. Ha-ha, the joke is getting old " Sova said as he then chuckled. He simply brushed it off as a joke.

Omen sighed as he moved closer to Sova. One of his hands gliding towards his thigh and the other cupping his face. " Did... you.. smoke weed dude?" he replied with. " This is the third Christmas I've been trying to.. confess to you. Take a hint idiot" Omen said in annoyance.

"kiss me..." Sova whispered to him as Omen leaned closer to him until there was no space between them. He was actually kissing him! This was progress.. but sadly he couldn't say the same about the project.

Sova's arm wrapped around Omen's neck as his other hand rested upon the other males chest- his heart was racing? That only made the blonde smile into the kiss.

The kiss felt like it lasted for hours.. Sova felt like he was riding a rollercoaster of emotions. Love clearly taking the wheel.

Knock.. knock. The gentle knocks against the door couldn't be heard through the haze the boys were under.

" The pie is ready! Oh-" Sova's grandma said as she glanced down at the boys. Her had over her mouth for a split second.

" seems like you boys found something sweeter. " the babushka teased as she chuckled. The sight only made her remember about her own relationship she had in highschool.

" Now, I don't want to see you both sleeping under one blanket!" she said before closing the door.

Sova's face was redder than ever by now.. he looked like the bulls eye on a target. Omen found it entertaining. " Grandma!" Sova yelled out of embarrassment.

Omen laughed.. sighing right after. " what are you laughing at?" Sova asked him, trying to sound intimidating. But it was impossible.. he looked like a little strawberry with his cheeks all puffed.

" you" Omen said.
" I hate you.." Sova mumbled before smiling widely.

" I love you too" Omen said before placing a small kiss against his forehead.