that's the way the cookie crumbles

Weeks had gone by, night and days and even some falling stars. Following only a feeling, that overcame in a thought. A dream so far away, that it needed to be found. There was only a fade light coming from the murky Turkish sky. No one suspected this mission to outgo all the calculations. But time itself seemed to stop and rapidly quicken as well. Sova found himself in a rabbit hole, his advanced vison exposing the worst of the unknown radiant's power. He felt weak and pathetic - but the powers were seeking into his open emotional wounds. They knew how to torture him and he wasn't enjoying it at all. Why was it so painful? No one understood the terrors that flashed behind Sova's eyes. He grew jealous of the calmness engraved in them. The flashbacks were old and new - some colder than ice itself and others burning like an inferno.

The numbers started to drop as the fight with the radient progressed. Sova wasn't the sharpest with his senses, but still managed to over come the burden. One less again.. must they be dropping like dead flies now? Those were the words that flashed in his mind. Was he the only one left? Destiny must be messing with him at the moment. He felt drowsy and weak.. he didn't know where his enemy was. They blend in with the dark, only whispers following their track. This was one of the creepiest missions he had to experience.. he had to admit that. He inhaled harshly as he closed his eyes. He let sound guide him - he could hear loud noises of church bells from the distance and the rumbling leaves. Hunting..

"Seems like you lost your pack.. loners like you fall even harder" many voices said at once. He had a feeling it was a female voice.. but many pitches mixed into one. He wanted to speak but he couldn't. Was he consumed by the nightmarish ability again? There was no time to question, he had to fight the nightmare.

'' Cut the irony.. would you'' he responded with as he took careful steps forward.

'' Oh, Ill cut something. Don't worry about that'' the voice said again, but there was a following sound. A sharp sound of a blade impaling ones flesh. He was struck.

'' tatlı Rüyalar..'' (tr. sweet dreams) the female whispered into his ear before twisting the knife inside his stomach. Sova let out a grunt as he fell on the ground. The hunter was hunted down. His ear drums were filled with the loudest sound he ever heard. It was the sound of emptiness. What a viscous cycle.

. . .

It felt like decades ever since his ear drums could register a sound. What happened? Where was he? Where did she go..? He wanted to answer these questions himself, but his eyes were glued shut. He heard a beeping sound with a hint of a pen hitting itself against a sheet of paper. He was in a hospital..or better said 'Valorant emergency room'. The sound of him being on life support was oddly comforting. He weakly smiled to himself before he tilted his head to the side. The beeping sound became more aggressive as the heart monitor slowly straightened into a flat line. The numb feeling filled his mind once more.

...

Omen was truly anxious. It took courage for him to even think about the idea of going there, was he still mad at him? He didn't know, but wasting more time felt worse. There he was.. currently standing behind the door that parted their presence from each other. His hand glided over the doorknob, he gulped harshly and then opened the door. His eyes immediately darted towards the bed where Sova laid.. he was glad the other male was fast asleep. Each step felt like a stab to the chest, he wanted to be quit and just observe quietly. He sighed as he slowly sat on a chair that was placed next to his bed. Omen himself wasn't connected to any machine.. but he was sure his heartbeat could be heard from miles away.

"You came.. I wasn't expecting to see you" Sova said quietly. His eyes were closed, but he slightly opened his eye to steal a gaze. He was glad he came, he might still be mad about certain things that happened months ago, but he wouldn't just turn away free company.

"I did.. I'm sorry about what happened, between us and you. I just thought.. we could turn the page over and heh- start over" Omen said as he chuckled slightly. "I even brought you flowers- I picked these up at one of the bases, you told me they reminded you of me.. but since you were gone. I started to see you in them" Omen said, he was talkative today, which was pretty unusual for the male. Who could blame him though? He had no one to talk to for the past couple of months.. and Alex is Alex, he was who he cared for the most. The one that could make him laugh and make him feel butterflies in his stomach. He made his life look like a teen movie.. begging they could be the high-school sweethearts. He could ramble on and on about what he felt towards the blonde, but he himself was the one to cut off his mind.

''Thank you, they look beautiful'' Sova said as he observed them. The flowers were a deep indigo color, but one of them was this light icy blue color... he admired the attention of detail. ''Sabine told me that you came to Turkey, no one told you anything.. yet you had the perfect timing. Thank you.. for saving my life'' Sova told him as he tilted his head a bit towards Omen.

It was true, Sova wouldn't be alive if it wouldn't be for Omen. He found it suspicious, they never took this long to finish the mission. After all, they managed to catch Omen without breaking a sweat in the past. What was happening? No one was answering his questions, so Omen took the easy route, he decided to take it into his own hands. He couldn't remember the night clearly. Once he saw Alex drowning in a pool of crimson blood, his mind switched. His body was tearing apart with anger.. but luckily the radiant was captured without him ending their life. He showed Fade the real nightmare, the nightmare of despair and hatred.

"You told me something that night.. my body was numb and I couldn't breathe properly.. but I registered those words clearly" Sova said after a moment. After the fight Omen dropped to the ground and held Sova close to him, whispering words like incantations just to bring him back. He told him he loved him countless of times that night.. he thought that would be their last time together, so he wasn't going to risk it all by not telling him those words.

" You said you love me.. at that time it kind of felt worth it to die knowing that" Sova said jokingly. " Stop.. don't even joke about that. I was scared, desperate.. I was grasping onto your soul. I couldn't bare with the idea of losing you" Omen told him as he sighed. He put the flowers in the nearby vase.. there were plenty of bouquets already. " I meant it all.. I need you, I'm living only for you. I love you, Alex." Omen said as he reached out for the other males hand. Holding it gently.

Sova was speechless.. his cheeks were flushed and his heart beat spiked. His heart monitor started to make louder noises due to it.. he found it very embarrassing.

'' Lets take a picture.. I've seen the shredded photo on your floor. So I thought you could hang this up instead..'' Omen offered to him with a subtle smile, he was trying to stay modest with his expressions. But it was impossible with the blonde. He then ruffled around in his bag and pulled out a polaroid camera.

'Did he really spend his money on that...haha God, what did I do to deserve him' Sova thought to himself.

'' Come on then, squish closer'' Sova said as he gently pulled Omen closer. His body slightly rested against his. Omen then put his arm around him and placed a kiss on his cheek. Sova felt that it was the perfect time to capture the moment - click! The camera made a sound as the polaroid started to slide out after a moment. ''Shake the photo please.. I have wobbly hands'' Sova said with a chuckle at the end as Omen did as requested. He took some time to observe the photo.. he didn't like to take photos of himself. But Alex held a soft spot in his heart, he shifted his nature a lot.

''You look really pretty...'' Omen said to him with a wide smile, he was getting soft.

'' I love you'' Sova responded with as his free hand reached over to Omens, giving it a gentle squeeze.

'' I love you too''.