Chapter 8: A Day Off

Y/N looked down at his phone. It was an odd feeling for him, to have a phone to check. "Y/N." He turned and saw Yaoyorozu approaching. She was dressed in a white dress with a red trim. Y/N smiled back at her, "Hey. Glad that you could make it." Yaoyorozu smiled, "Of course. It was nice of you to invite me to have lunch after the USJ incident." Y/N nodded, "Right. Now, Mineta, stop trying to sneak a peek up her dress." He glared at the tiny boy, who was practically drooling. Yaoyorozu was surprised to see him try to lift up her dress and kicked him in the face, sending him flying.

"Why are you like this?" Y/N frowned as he held the ice pack to Mineta's nose. The purple haired boy replied, "This is how every man should try to live his life. Trying to get any possible peek at a beautiful girl's underwear." The two other students groaned in disgust. Mineta huffed, "You wouldn't get it L/N. I bet you're super popular with the girls. You'll never understand the suffering of people with below average looks and abilities like me." Y/N chuckled, "Well, I wouldn't say I'm popular. Before going to UA, the only girls I interacted with were the other orphans and the caretakers." Yaoyorozu asked, "Orphans?" Y/N looked at her, "Oh right. I never told you two. I'm an orphan. Have been all my life. That's why I was homeschooled." Mineta and Yaoyorozu seemed surprised at the news. Y/n didn't seem like the type of person who was abandoned at birth. The two of them simply assumed that he had come from an ordinary family and had the same desire to become a hero as any person their age. Y/N said, "Oh, don't feel bad about it. I never considered myself unlucky or anything you might be thinking. In all regards, I'm pretty much the same as anyone else. Well, I assume. Like I said, haven't interacted with many other teenagers before." He chuckled softly. Mineta removed the ice pack from his nose and handed it back to Y/N. He said, "Alright. Let's go. This cafe serves delicious sweets."

"So, you're a really rich girl, aren't you Yaoyorozu?" Said girl blushed as Y/N made the remark. The three friends were sitting in a small cafe drinking coffee and eating some sweets. Yaoyorozu had previously talked about how her family owned a successful business and that gave her the tools to improve her quirk. Y/N turned to Mineta, "So, why did you decide to become a hero Mineta?" The purple boy replied, "To get girls to notice me and fall in love with me." Yaoyorozu frowned, "That's quite a selfish reason for such a noble profession." Y/N chuckled softly, "Well, that's how humans tend to be, so it's okay. One of the orphans threatened to throw their roommate out of the window unless the caretaker gave him more cookies. People can go to extremes when they really want something." Yaoyorozu said, "I suppose. I just wish that his wasn't so vile." Mineta huffed, "Well, what about you L/N? Why do you want to be a hero?" Y/N replied, "I wanted to make lots of money so I can take care of myself and to pay back the orphanage that put up with me for all these years." The two of them were surprised. Mineta spoke up first, "Wow. I was kind of expecting you to say something like you wanted to protect people and save them. Was not expecting you to be greedy." Y/N chuckled, "The main reason people even have jobs is to make money, so it's actually pretty ordinary as far as careers go. Plus, the caretakers were always insisting that I try to become a hero. Plus, I really should try to pay them back for all they've done. I remember what I was like as a child. It was basically hell for them." Yaoyorozu frowned, "You couldn't have been that bad." Y/N turned to her, "You know how children like to draw on the walls? Yeah. Imagine that and add in my quirk that allows me to make my drawings really. That's how bad I was." The three of them laughed at the image that popped into their heads.

"Well, time to go." The three of them were standing outside a store as they decided it was time to part ways. Mineta said, "I need to head to the train station. See you guys tomorrow." "See ya." "Goodbye." The two were left standing there. Y/N asked, "So, are you going to have someone pick you up?" Yaoyorozu nodded, "Uh, yes. They'll be here shortly." As she said that, the limo came up. Once it parked, a man in a butler uniform came out and opened the door, "Ms. Yaoyorozu, your ride is here." Y/N let out a whistle, "A limo and a butler. Fancy. Well, I better get going too. Later." As he walked away, he heard her yell, "Y/N!" He turned to see the blushing girl and raised an eyebrow. She said, "Uh, thank you for today. It was very enjoyable." Y/N smiled, "Same." and turned back to walk home. Yaoyorozu smiled softly as she entered the limo.