Chapter 3: The First Day At UA

Y/N was waiting for the mail to confirm whether or not he was going to be attending UA. He was sitting in his room, doing the rest of the homework that the caretakers had assigned him. Y/N knew that he did well in the practical exam and he thought that he did fine in the written exam, but he couldn't be sure. He had never taken a test outside of the orphanage. Just as he finished, a caretaker knocked on his door and entered, "Y/N, this letter from UA just arrived for you." Y/N walked to the door and took the letter, "Thanks. I'll look at it now." The caretaker nodded and left. Y/N walked back to his desk and brought out his old letter opener to open the letter. When he did, a disk dropped out. The disk brought up a projection with a strange creature on it, "Hello there. My name is Nezu. I am the principal at UA High school. I am happy to announce that you managed to pass the written exam and the practical exam. That means that you will be attending UA this April. We hope to see you there!" The projection went out. Y/N stood up with a smile on his face and ran down to tell everyone that he had passed the exam. The caretakers congratulated him and decided to prepare a large dinner to celebrate. 

It was now April. Y/N was getting ready for his first day at UA. He had eaten his breakfast early and was now finishing putting on his school uniform. He looked into his backpack to make sure that he had everything that he needed before heading out. Y/N walked downstairs, "Alright everyone. I'll be going now. See you later." Before he left, one of the caretakers stopped him, "Wait Y/N. We wanted to give you this." The caretaker held out a box. Y/N took it and opened it to reveal a brand new phone. The caretaker smiled sweetly, "Think of it as a congratulations present from all of us here. And don't worry, we already set it up to your preferences and inputted all of our numbers in case of an emergency." Y/N looked at the caretaker before hugging them tightly, "Thank you." He let go and waved bye one last time before heading out. He ran as fast as he could to the train station and got on his train. As the train went to his destination, Y/N began to play around with his phone. The only phone that he had ever had before was an old flip phone that the orphanage had the kids share when they went out. Y/N smiled brighter as he turned off his phone and got off at his stop. Y/N ran again to UA. He looked down at his paper, where he had written everything that he needed to know, "Let's see. I'm in class 1-A. I better hurry. Now, I turn right there and walk for ten feet and turn left at the corner..." Y/N continued to follow his written instructions and reached a large door with a '1-A' on it." Y/N whistled, "Yet another waste of money. Might as well just have the doorway to make getting in easier." Y/N opened the door and saw that some other students were talking amongst themselves. He looked back at his paper to check which seat was his. He was in seat 21, in the very back of the last row. Y/N sat down and put away his paper. He rarely ever  got the chance to talk to other people his own age, so it was hard for him to talk to the other students. After a few minutes, more and more students. One of the students Y/N recognized as the person who had disrupted the practical explanation. The student introduced himself as Tenya Iida to the other students. Iida seemed to about to go talk to Y/N, but he thankfully went to yell at another student who had his feet on the desk. After that, the person Iida had yelled at came in, followed by a brown haired girl. Behind them, the teacher, Aizawa, appeared and told them to put on their gym clothes and meet him outside. Y/N followed the other students to the changing rooms and changed into the gym uniform and followed them to where Aizawa was waiting for them. Aizawa had Bakugo, the student who had his feet on the desk, throw a softball with his quirk. Aizawa turns to the rest of the students, "Today we'll be testing to see the limits of your quirks." Some students got excited, but that seemed to annoy Aizawa, "Fun you say? You're going to spend three years here and expect it to be all fun and games? Fine, whoever gets last place in this test ends up expelled." A panic swept the students. Y/N clenched his fist, 'I already told everyone that I would succeed here. I cannot afford to leave.' As the tests started, Y/N looked at how the other students were using their quirks. He saw a girl in a ponytail with a quirk that seemed to allow her to create things from her body, though she was forced to reveal some skin to use it. Y/N walked up to her, "Um, that's an interesting quirk." The girl smiled, "Why, thank you. I am Momo Yaoyorozu. And you are?" Y/N stiffened, "Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you too. I have a similar quirk. I think that I can use it like yours." Momo smirked, "Well then, we will just have to see whom beats whom." Y/N replied with a nod before he went off to complete his tests. He proceeded to use his Artistry quirk the same way that Momo used her quirk in the tests, such as creating an iron glove during the grip test, creating a moped for the endurance run, and creating a canon for the softball throw. Momo said, "I'm impressed. You managed to create everything that I did. May I ask, what's your quirk?" Y/N said, "It's called Artistry. Basically, whatever I draw, I can bring to life once I touch it with a finger, but it takes a lot out of me the more and more I use it." Momo giggled, "Well, I think it is safe to say that the two of us will be passing this test." Y/N nodded. Behind them, a huge gust of wind came. The turned to see that the green haired boy had thrown the softball with an incredible force, but they had missed it when they were talking. Y/N whistled, "Guess everything in UA in extravagant." Bakugo ran to attack the green haired boy, but was stopped by Aizawa, who was identified as the pro hero Eraser head. Aizawa continued with the tests. Y/N continued to follow Momo's example, but took a moment to look at the green haired boy, who's name he learned was Izuku Midoriya. Midoriya seemed to have damaged his finger when using his quirk. Y/N considered helping, but decided against it, 'If he's going to survive here, he needs to learn how to take care of himself. Besides, if I use my quirk too much, I might run out of energy.' Once the tests were done, Aizawa posted the results. Y/N groaned as he saw that he got second place while Momo was in first place. Aizawa said, "Oh yeah. And that whole expulsion thing was a lie. It was just a rational deception to get everyone to do their bests. Midoriya, take this and go see Recovery Girl. Everyone else, the papers are in the classroom. Get them and go home." Aizawa walked off. Y/N went to change and headed to the classroom to get his papers. Momo, who sat in front of him, "L/N, would you like to exchange numbers? It would be nice to be able to contact someone with such a similar quirk to my own." Y/N said, "Sure Yaoyorozu. And just call me Y/N." Momo smiled, "Then you may call me Momo." The two exchanged numbers and went their separate ways. Y/N arrived at the orphanage and told everyone about what had happened at school.