𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆 - 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

JULY 14TH
(in honor of vinnie hacker's birthday)

VINNIE HAD GONE HOME after being at jay's house for a while. jay was outside his door about to knock. she wanted to be the first to wish him a happy birthday and the first to give him his present. 

she knocks on his door and waits for him to answer. he answers the door looking like he just woke up. he was in sweatpants with no shirt on.

"hey." he says in a raspy voice before clearing his throat.

"happy birthday!" she says giving him a tight hug.

"thank you." he says chuckling. 

"i got you something." she says pulling away. "it's in the car though." 

"well, let's go." he says excitedly. 

he grabs his sweatshirt from behind the door and puts on his slides. they walk to her car and she opens the trunk and hands him a wrapped box. they sit in the trunk while he opens his present. he opens the box revealing a skateboard.

"jordan told me your other one broke so i got you a new one." jay explains. he doesn't give a response. "you don't like it?"

"i do. i love it, thank you so much." he says giving her a long hug.

"of course." jay says. "hey, i wanted to ask you something."

"i wanted to ask you something too."

"okay, you go first."

"alright. we've been hanging out for a few months and we're not friends obivously so i was wondering if wanted to officially be my girlfriend." jay smiles.

"i do wanna be your girlfriend." she says before both of their smiles grow. they lean in to kiss each other, both incredibly happy.

"you're my favorite birthday gift." he says as they pull away.

"you're so corny." she says giggling. "i'm glad your birthday started off good." she smiles. "what do you wanna do before your party?"

"i wanna take you somewhere. let me go get dressed." he says. they both head upstairs and jay waits for vinnie to get dressed.

VINNIE PARKS THE TRUCK AT THE SKATE PARK. he gets out of the truck and opens jay's door. 

"i'm glad you're eager to use your skateboard." jay says getting out of the truck with vinnie closing the door behind her. he grabs his new skateboard from the back seat. 

"i'm not gonna skate today." jay looks at him confused until she realizes what he means.

"i don't know how to skate, vin." jay says.