🍃 kazuha & heizou x reader

lowercase intended-

    cherry blossoms floated to the ground as the grass swayed to the wind. y/n heard a rustling sound, prompting them to shut their book before tilting their head upwards. a blur of blonde hair peeked out from the tree behind y/n's back. "reading the book i recommended i see." kazuhas smooth voice was a delight to hear as y/n closed their eyes.

  "how could i not when you're the one who suggested it, you always have the best recommendations." kazuha laughed softly before sitting down beside y/n, his shoulder touching theirs as he let out a content sigh. "it took me quite a while to leave the city, i was questioned numerous times about a wagon theft i had no part in." he sighed again, relaxing against the tree and y/n's side. y/n felt bad for kazuha after the events of the vision hunt decree hurting his reputation among the tenryou commission.

"a close friend of mine is taking a part in the case, so he was able to tell the others that i needn't get involved." y/n hummed in response while leaning further into kazuhas warm side. he didn't mind as his head hit the tree, silence engulfing them as they both enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere with each-other.

after a relaxing moment on the grassy hill, y/n stood up. "i have to get going, i forgot i'm supposed to help out thoma with feeding the strays today." kazuhas smile made y/n's heart flutter as they fixed their sword in its holder. "you're so sweet y/n, i'm sure he will appreciate it. i'll be going soon as well, but i'm sure we'll meet again shortly." y/n's footsteps were swift as they began their journey towards the village.

+

after a while of walking down a path, y/n spotted the village over the hill, but was stopped in their tracks as a band of treasure hoarders pushed a wagon up ahead. their laughter faltered slightly as they spotted y/n, smug expressions replacing their previous ones. "now what do we have here? you arent allowed to see us here, guess we're gonna have to get rid of you." their confidence didn't last long as a swirl of anemo stopped them in their tracks.

"its about time i caught up to you-" a smooth voice said on the other side of the wagon. the treasure hoarders gasped while readying their weapons. "you think im here for a fight? my job here is just to return the wagon and turn you in, i dont have time to-" one of the treasure hoarders began running towards the crimson haired boy, his battle cry short lived as the boy sighed. a spark of anemo appeared by his fist as he landed a firm punch to the treasure hoarders stomach. he fell to the floor limp as the others stared in fear. "ooh thats gonna hurt for a few days, i tried to warn you-" his voice sounded slightly entertained before the rest of the hoarders tried running for it, not getting very far as y/n snuck a vine with lillies around their limbs, causing them all to trip.

heizou let out a muffled laugh while making eye contact with y/n. "they didnt seem to notice a single thing while you stood back there, that was quite a show-" y/n smiled lightly while tightening the vine around them, immobilizing them while heizou alerted the guards passing by. after the hoarders were taken to the city, heizou walked closer to y/n.

"i appreciate the help, you seemed like you knew what you were doing." his olive eyes sparkled while y/n admired his breathtaking features. "it's no problem, i don't use my vision often so it's nice to help when i can." y/n touched their dendro vision hanging on their belt, studying his expression as he returned the eye contact.

"do you happen to be l/n f/n?" his words didn't quite shock y/n as they suspected this was the close friend kazuha seemed to talk about.

y/n nodded, a knowing smile on their face. "i am, it's nice to meet you. my friend has talked about you on numerous occasions, always saying we would get along." heizou's smile didn't falter as he began walking alongside y/n. "who knew he would he so right, you've already peaked my interest, y/n." butterflies returned once again as heizou continued talking by y/n's side. once they got to the village, heizou lead some other men with the wagon towards the city.

"it was a pleasure meeting you, i feel like it was meant to happen, fate perhaps. i'm looking forward to our next meeting." heizous voice brought an all familiar feeling to y/n's chest, all they could do was nod before heizou disappeared. their footsteps were slower this time as they headed towards the large tree where thoma usually was.

y/n would have to thank kazuha later for this fortunate coincidence, as heizou said, perhaps one by fate. they knew this would not be the only time they stumbled upon the infamous shikanoin heizou. perhaps next time, their meeting would last longer.

———
thank you for reading! let me know if you'd like a part 2 for this chapter! <3