🍃 scaramouche x reader

i cannot describe the amount of brainrot i've had of scaramouche in the recent week so here is a longer chapter to celebrate his long awaited drip marketing.

if you have any recs for anyone you want me to write let me know!! right now i only have ideas for thoma, cyno, and tighnari.

__

the orange leaves adorning the ground crunched beneath the feet of the sixth fatui harbinger, he paid no attention while walking towards the bridge to liyue harbor.

his patience was running low, causing him to make an impulsive decision which was visiting the bank to find a certain ginger.

with his hat shadowing over his face, he continued passing random people without caring if they stared. that was until he collided with another body. he lifted his head, his eyes burning into the persons soul. the figure who appeared to be taller than him by a couple inches stared back with just as much anger.

"watch where you're going shorty." the person said with little fire in their tone, before going past them and up the stairs to bubu pharmacy.

smoke nearly shot out of his ears as he spat out different profanities under his breath while continuing towards the spiral staircase.

"that person had a fucking nerve considering who i am, i could of killed them in an instant if it wasn't in the middle of the damn city-" he complained under his breath while walking into the bank, the workers inside and fatui standing around bowing respectfully.

"where is the ginger-" he spat out at the people around him, before hearing the footsteps of who he wanted beside him.

"you finally came! i knew you'd want my help-"

childes smug smile was quickly shut down by the menacing stare from scaramouche. "don't get so ahead of yourself dumbass, it's not you that i want help from." he rubbed his forehead aggressively while sighing, a random wave of embarrassment crashing through him before completely disappearing.

"give me your assistant, i want them just for today." he said as more of a command than a question. childe smiled while leaning on a counter.

"they should be back any minute, i sent them out to fetch what they'll need since i knew you'd be here today." childe said while paying attention to the entrance of the bank.

scaramouche crossed his arms, impatiently standing off to the side, the fatui men and women beside him slowly moving over. his aura too powerful for anyone to withstand for longer than a minute.

as soon as the doors opened, a taller figure waltzed in, carrying a bag on their side. they eyed the room looking for childe, before smiling tenderly at the man.

"i'm back sir, i got what you wanted me to get." they paid no attention to their surroundings, not realizing the harbinger they bumped into was standing a few feet away.

he was seething with anger while recognizing the person speaking with childe as the one who bumped into him. shorty? how dare they speak to me like that-

"since your new job is to take care of him for however long he needs, you can use this mora for anything you'll need along the way." childe dropped a large pouch of mora in the persons hands, them sliding it into the bag on their side.

they hummed while turning around, their cheery energy turning sour as they made eye contact with the harbinger.

"of course sir, i'll make sure to use the best of my abilities."

"thank you y/n, i knew i could rely on you!" childe smiled while standing up from his leaning expression. "well now that that's settled, i have plans with zhong-"