🍃 diluc x reader

lowercase intended-

  the colors of the sunset peaked through the few windows in the tavern, the last few customers of the day laughing at a table. y/n wiped clean the last glass before beginning to clean off tables. they walked up the stairs, eyeing a frequent customer with cups stacked on the table. "how many more are you going to have, barbatos?" y/n muttered with a raised brow as the bard grinned.

  "to save you trouble tonight i'll only have one more~" his drunken voice responded as he smiled at y/n. they only sighed before grabbing the tall pile of glasses, balancing it while walking down the stairs.

"you're the best y/n!" ventis loud voice echoed through the tavern as y/n only scoffed, a smile adorning their face. "that bard is gonna be the end of me." they muttered while preparing venti another glass of dandelion wine, charles smiling at the action, knowing who y/n was serving immediately.

after a few more customers left, venti eventually disappeared as well. y/n sighed in relief as they could finally close for the night. "i'll see you tomorrow charles." y/n smiled at the man before draping their cloak around their shoulders. a cold breeze blew past y/n's body as they exited angels share, the paths mostly empty as everybody was inside to avoid the cold weather.

y/n put their hands in their coat pockets, their nose turning red as they let out a peaceful sigh. it wasn't quite ready to snow yet, but they hoped for some soon as it was the only fun part of winter to them. their hydro vision sparkled underneath their cloak as they neared the bridge and exit of mondstadt. the coldness almost reached past their clothes, causing y/n to let out a puff of cold air.

they felt a presence beside them, hearing a rough noise as the claymore wielding man jumped from a balcony, landing beside y/n. they were both met with silence while crossing the mondstadt bridge, before y/n spoke up.

"i thought you were at the winery today." diluc hummed in response, securing his gloves in his pocket. "i was interrupted earlier so the plans changed, guess it was convenient enough since i can escort you home now." y/n laughed softly, the air exiting their mouth leaving a cold cloud in front of them.

they wasted no time in bumping dilucs side, the warmth radiating off of him acting as a heater for y/n. "you big oaf, we're going to the same place anyways." y/n replied while rubbing their hands together. diluc eyed the smaller figure beside him before smoothly reaching for their hand, cupping it with his larger one before shoving it in his warm pocket.

a satisfied hum left y/n's lips as they continued walking down the dim lit path towards the winery. "why couldn't i have been blessed with a pyro vision for the cursed winters like this." y/n said while leaning closer to dilucs side.

"such a shame, you were blessed with me instead." his smooth voice made y/n stifle a laugh. they looked over at their tall husband, wondering how in fact were they ever blessed with him in the first place. diluc happened to be thinking about the same thing, reminiscing about their first encounter.

"to be fair, our first meeting was quite the opposite." y/n nodded, squeezing his hand before responding. "i still don't know how you got such a bad heat stroke. i guess i did help you out with cooling you down though."

"it was a good coincidence that my wagon and you were both going in the same direction, running into each other like that is what brought us here." dilucs voice was calming for y/n to listen to, they nodded along as they walked up the steps to the winery.

"now that we're alone, care to explain your new attire?" y/n smirked at diluc while they entered their living spaces. y/n swore they saw the slightest of red on his face, not knowing whether it was from the cold or being flustered.

"it's not very different to what i usually wear, i just put this on today." diluc replied casually, taking his coat off. his muscles were toned like usual, leaving y/n with only the ability to gawk as he undressed his top half. his high ponytail was also a new sight for y/n, they thought gawking wasn't possibly enough as they stared at dilucs beautiful features.

once he was only in a button up, y/n peered at his neck. "is that a fishnet?" y/n's eyes widened as diluc didn't seem to catch on to what they were referring to. his bewildered expression to y/n's slight panic made y/n even more flustered as he looked at his own attire. "you mean this part that's connected to my shirt? yes?" his deep voice intimidated y/n slightly as they took their own cloak off.

after a few seconds, y/n could feel dilucs burning glare from across the room. "did you think i was wearing a fishnet shirt below my button up?" y/n could hear his smirk before looking at his face, regretting it as it only flustered them more. "don't look at me like that or you'll give me a heat stroke-"

dilucs laughter was a rare but beautiful sound, usually appearing after finding a way to tease y/n. the moment didn't last long as they were soon snuggled up by the fire, enjoying the warmth together while reminiscing about their past encounters which lead to the lively life they had now.

——
this chapter is dedicated to dilucs new outfit because good lord it is beautiful- his high ponytail and outfit is just dhfjenc, i've never been a diluc simp but i don't think it's too late to start now-

thank you for reading! <3