💫 xiao x venti

lowercase intended-
requested by @ThePerfectIdiot_20 !

"why is it that you traveled to another nation just to drink their wine?" xiao muttered angrily at venti as he kicked his legs in his seat. venti was already out of it, giggling like there was no tomorrow.

the restaurant was empty minus them both, relieving xiao slightly as he leaned against the wall beside venti, his arms crossed as he stared at the drunk bard.

"i didn't sign up to be your babysitter when you said you wanted to see me." a flustered expression was hidden by xiao's deadpan look as venti stood up. "maybe i should come here more often, the atmosphere is great when zhong - hickup - li isn't here to scold me!" ventis laugh echoed through the bar area as xiao sighed.

"let's go somewhere else, i think you've had plenty to drink." xiao said while ushering venti to stand up. he complied, leaning against xiao to avoid swaying or falling. xiao was cautious as he peeked out the door, noticing there were too many people.

he sighed before teleporting them both to the outskirts of liyue harbor, being thankful that everyone was inside in the area they walked through. venti hummed lightly while being guided across the bridge by xiao.

"y'know it's nice when it's just the two of us like this, it's been so long i can't remember the last time we were able to - hick - walk freely like this." venti's words were mostly clear, xiao listening to him ramble on as he guided him to the hills on the outskirts of the city.

once they got to a good enough spot, venti plopped down on the grass, sitting criss crossed as xiao copied him. the breeze felt nice on their backs, venti sighing contently as he began to sober up.

"it's always so tranquil over here~ the waves crashing on the shore below, the moonlight on the water leaving a faint glow," venti spoke softly, crawling towards the edge of the cliff to let his legs swing again.

xiao listened to venti ramble on, his voice seemingly getting quieter and quieter. his mumbling turned to silence, and xiao felt a soft thud on his shoulder, the bard sleeping peacefully.

his heart fluttered softly, a rather unfamiliar feeling before meeting venti. he closed his eyes, listening to the noise of the waves as he let the bard sleep.

——
this was a shorter one but i still hope you enjoyed, thank you for reading!