🍃 xiao x reader

Y/n walked passed the inn's customers as their eyes glanced in each direction.

The view of the glistening valleys and mountains were a beautiful sight, but their eyes were occupied looking for something else. An impatient sigh followed by a voice echoed throughout the empty balcony.

"Xiao, where are you?"

They crossed their arms before feeling a presense behind them.

"What do you want this time, y/n." Their head whipped around as the adepti stood with crossed arms, a bored expression on his face. He walked past y/n and leaned against the railing, his eyes closed as he took in the serene atmosphere.

"Did you purposely make me walk around until you felt like showing yourself? I've been looking for you for quite some time." y/n walked up beside him, making sure to leave a distance between them while looking at his peaceful expression.

His face shifted as he lifted an eyebrow, a ghost of a smirk on his lips. These expressions were rare as y/n may have been the only person to see them.

"Maybe, now what is it that you want?" He said before his expression fell back to a blank stare. He watched as they rolled their eyes slightly before peering back at him.

"I want you to come with me somewhere. It's very important!" He eyed a small basket in their hand while uncrossing his arms.

He tilted his head slightly with a deadpanned look, expecting them to continue talking but this time, they were the smirking one.

"It's a secret, and you can't say no. So let's go!" Y/n bravely reached out for the adepti's arm, successfully grabbing it. His muscles tensed for a quick moment before his shoulders fell.

Xiao's facial expression didn't change as he followed y/n towards the elevator. The guests and residents of the inn didn't seem phased by the human frolicking towards the exit with the adeptus in tow.

After it happening several times a week, it wasn't a surprise to know that this human was the only one who could make the adeptus do as they commanded.

"Why am I the one who has to come with you? Don't you have other friends?" His complaint went in one ear and out the other as y/n ignored him, only chuckling slightly after hearing xiao imply that they were friends.

Once they neared the bridge, y/n spoke with their lips curved upwards slightly.

"Because I felt like asking you, do you not feel like coming with me?"

The adepti remained silent, no longer protesting as y/n knowingly grinned beside him. They let go of Xiao's arm, releasing him.

"Leave if you want too~ I guess i'll face the danger of my destination alone." They remarked with a noticeably long sigh before crossing the bridge, the basket swaying in their hand.

The adepti let out a small sigh before quietly following behind y/n.

After a long walk that consisted of y/n humming and xiao teleporting ahead once to rid the path of some hillichurls, they arrived at a colorful field of flowers. Hills and forest stood in the distance, creating shadows among the large field.

"We're here!" Y/n said with a small smile while looking around. The sun was close to setting, leaving the sky looking like a painting of beautiful pinks and purples.

"Hm?" His deadpanned expression changed slightly as he watched them lean down in front of a patch of glaze lilies.

Xiao did everything in his power to not waver in front of y/n, their soft expressions making it difficult as they picked one, placing it in the basket which they brought.

He walked behind the bent down figure, examining the flowers himself before looking at y/n's happy expression.

"Isn't it beautiful?" They spoke while referring to the large field of flowers they were in.

Xiao's mind went to something else he saw as beautiful, he nodded absentmindedly knowing y/n couldn't see it directly. He shifted his gaze by standing back up, looking in a different direction to hide the flustered expression on his face.

After a few seconds of silence and a slightly flustered xiao avoiding contact with y/n, his usual blunt voice softened a little, but nonetheless still sounded like an angry pout.

"Your important destination that you insisted on bringing me to was a field of flowers?"

Y/n looked up at xiao with a bright smile, not noticing the adeptis flushed cheeks. "Of course! You thought I had somewhere important to bring you to?" They laughed while shoving a handful of carefully picked flowers into their basket.

"To be fair, my original duty was to collect some herbs for Yanxiao in this area but I didn't feel like coming alone and doing just that, hence why I invited my faithful companion!" Y/n's smile made Xiao second guess his reason for still living as he huffed out a sigh before finding a different patch of flowers. He bent down and picked a few, walking back over to y/n and tossing them in their basket.

"You make me sound like an animal." Xiao huffed out as y/n only stared in awe at his actions.

Y/n's eyes sparkled as Xiao picked some more. Y/n stood up, wandering off towards the hills. They quickly found a vine, snagging it from a tree trunk. The small hill they were on had more flowers, after picking them they returned to the field. Xiao quietly dropped some more in the basket, not noticing that Y/n wasn't moving around anymore, instead sitting cross legged on the ground, flowers and vines in hand.

Xiao returned with some herbs he collected, noticing how the basket was now empty, minus a couple flowers used for cooking. Y/n stood up, holding their hands behind their back. They smiled mischievously at Xiao. He peered at their head, immediately noticing a flower crown made from the flowers he picked out himself.

"Look what I made!" They revealed their hands, another flower crown sitting delicately in their palms. "This one's for you, it's made from qingxin flowers I picked out on that hill!" Xiao's face showed the slightest of surprise as y/n met him at eye level, placing it on his head with no problems. "Now we're matching! I think our jobs here are complete!"

Y/n swung the basket in their hands while walking back towards the path. Xiao noticed they completely forgot the main reason for coming here, he stifled a laugh while following behind y/n. He looked at the herbs he placed in the basket, being thankful that they were still there after y/n's many twirls and skips.

He touched the flower crown on his head, leaving it there for the long journey to the inn. His eyes traveled to the stars now starting to dot the sky, noticing how they looked as if they came right from y/n's eyes. A long suppressed feeling reached his chest, he let himself unmask, a light smile on his face. For the first time in centuries, he looked forward to the future with this human.

——
aaa i love xiao he's such a sweetheart <3
thank you for reading!