1. Pancakes

New years seemed like it never happened, but it did a few days ago. I was upstairs, in my loungewear playing animal crossing as usual. It is almost noon and im still waiting for my breakfast. The only thing distracting me from my craving of sweet, buttery, and fluffy pancakes is fishing. I was waiting for the biggest fish I've seen to bite the bait. It kept on nibbling. I. Must. Focus. Come. On. You're. Taking. So. Fucking. Lon-

"RAAAAAAAAAAWRG!!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"
"Hahaha! You should've seen your face!"
"Shut up Kea."

I was scared so bad that my flinch caused me to scare the fish away. I sulked and put my controller down. I turned around to face Keanu, who rested his face on the back of the couch, and gave him a scowl. He didn't seem to be bothered at all.

"Sooo... What'cha doin'?" He asked cheerfully. God, I wish I could slap that stupid smile off of his face.
"I was fishing. Why are you here?"
He smiled. "My mom is taking my sisters to the doctor, and I'm bored, so why not go over to your house?"
Oh god, I just realized how crusty I must look; i have major bedhead, beat up shirt, my older brother's old sweatpants, and to top it all off, my nice smelling perfume i put on last night. I didn't see anyone but it smells good.

"Hello? Earth to Rachel?"
"Wha- oh... uhhh... lemme go change."

I hastily jumped off the couch and walked to my room, which was just a few steps away. I shut the door quickly, but quietly so I wouldn't make my parents mad.
I quickly put on some clothes that weren't so ratty, but were still casual. Oh god. My hair. It's. So. Fucking. Bad. Whadafak it won't behave. DAMN IT THE BRUSH IS DOWNSTAIRS.

"Rachel... Are you ok in there?"
"Yeah I'm GOOD. I'm good."
"Your cat wants his mama. He's been staring at your bedroom door and sitting near it."
"Alright, alright I'm coming." FUCK HES GONNA SEE MY HAIR. I walked out of the room and saw my son, Kuzma. He sniffed my hand and I scratched his chin. He purred happily. Then I quickly went downstairs and grabbed a hairbrush, then ran to the bathroom. Keanu followed me but was confused. I hastily brushed my hair while repeating my daily affirmations in my head.
I am beautiful. I am hot. I am seggsy as fUC-

"Your hair looks fine to me."
Oh. Shit. I forgot to close the door.
"Shush, it's not as good as yours."

Every day I envy his fluffy hair. I put the hairbrush back and make myself some tea in silence. I look at Keanu and he smiles at me. Why is he so goddamn happy? His smile is so cute- wait don't think that you're gonna turn red we are just friends oh god I feel my face heating up oH NO-
oh the tea is ready. "Kea, can you get me some stevia?"
"Sure," He goes into the pantry while I stir my tea. He comes back with four packets and says sarcastically, "They're not as sweet as you." Oh no.
"Shut up."
He giggles a little bit. Oh NO. I add the stevia into the tea and stir it, then I hear the door open and close. "Hello?"

"Hi Rachel, hi Keanu." It's dad, carrying my breakfast. He puts the bag down and I search for my order. I open it and get ready to dig in-
"Huh? ...This isn't what i ordered..."
"It looks good to me"
"Yeah but, where are the eggs, the sausage, the pecan, the..." I am disappointed and my day is just going great. I tell my dad about the order and my siblings come downstairs. My younger sister greets Keanu and gives me a look of 'I know you like him'. I give her a look of 'If you tell him I'll kill you'. As dad calls the place, my twin comes downstairs. I feel my heart sink, but I try to stay positive. We all eat the food but then my twin says, "Huh these pancakes taste weird."

"Yeah, Keanu, do you want them?"
"Let me try one..." "It tastes weird, but I'll eat them."
"Thanks." Thank god, they taste awful to me.

Dad tells us he's going to leave to get the new not fucked up order. After Keanu finishes, I go throw away the foam takeout container. My twin asks "Hey, can you get me some syrup?"
"No, it's in the bag. It's not too far." They haven't really done anything nice for me without being backhanded anyways.

I go back to sit with Keanu at the table after I wash my dishes. My twin went back upstairs to play Genshin, and my younger sister went to go play on the switch now. I sat in silence until Keanu finished his plate. I try to keep myself from staring... At his beautiful eyes... And his small freckles lightly dotted on his face... And his soft... Tender... Lips... I wish... I could kis-WHAT THE FUCK HES UR FRIEND LOOK AWAY LOOK AWAY YOU JUST BROKE UP WITH UR EX A COUPLE WEEKS AG-

"...lately, Rachel?"
"Uh.. What?"
"I've been asking if you've been feeling alright lately."
"Why?"
"You have been kind of distant for a while. Ever since you and your ex's situation got complicated."
"Well... uh..." FUCK WHAT DO I SAY?! "...I'm sorry."
"No, no. No need to apologize. I'm not mad, I'm worried."
"Oh... sorry."
"...Why did you apologize? You didn't have to"
"I dunno... I'm so-" Not gonna let this happen again. "... I'm just taking time thinking by myself and just processing the whole thing. Mostly learning and just, you know..." Oh no. I think I'm gonna cry if I continue. I just sigh and shrug.

Keanu looks at me gently, and puts a reassuring hand on my back. "It's hard, and I know it. You have me, I'll be there for you no matter what. Your good days, your bad days, your not-good-nor-bad days," He affirms me tenderly. "You have my number, and you can call me or text me. I'll try my best to reply as soon as possible."
Oh shit, I think I'm about to cry.

"I know it's hard, and I know you're available. It's just that... I just miss the intimacy, and the attention. I poured my heart into it, but he didn't even want to be with me," OH NO I FEEL THE TEARS "I feel better without him, and I've been working on myself, but I want someone to fill that void..." FUCK! It's okay to cry. It's okay to show emotion. It's gonna work out just fine. I can't even keep eye contact with Keanu. He silently asks if he could hug me by stretching his arms out and pausing. I nod, and he envelops me in his arms. It is firm, but tender. I can't help but sob into his shoulder. I cry even though I'm happy he's here. I cry even though I feel numb. I cry even though I'm angry at my ex. I cry to let it all out. I cry until I can't anymore. I sniffle a bit and wipe my face with a napkin nearby.
"Thank you, Keanu, " I mumble.

I hear the door open and close again. It must be Dad. He's holding up the bag with my actual order. Keanu says, "Now, let's go eat, I could use another helping!" How does he like those god awful pancakes?

• • •

"Is the fish biting yet?"
"Shut up! Im trying to foc- OH SHIT!" I was too late and the fish swam away. "KEANU! Stop distracting me!"
"I'll try, hahaha!"
"SHUSH!" It's nice hearing him laugh. "Ok I think that's enough fishing for today."
"I wish I could play with you but I don't really play videogames."
"It's ok, I'll make you an account on here. Just lemme save."

Ready to wrap things up for now?
->Save and end.
Keep playing.

Saving...
Do not touch the power button.

Save complete.
See you later!