7 - Colleagues

Riddhima was walking alone on the road, because she didn't find any taxi. She thought to walk little far, so she could find any taxi or vehicle. She was about to leave at 7pm, but Sana purposely gave her extra work, so it's became 10pm and now she wasn't able to find taxi. Thankfully she informed her kids that she will be little late and told Aarav to make maggi, so atleast both kids would not be hungry because of her.

Suddenly a car came from behind and stopped near her. Car's window lowered and Veer's face came into the view.

Veer and Vihaan were sitting on the back seats.

Veer: Miss Riddhima, what are you doing here alone in the middle of the night? (He asked with frowned eyebrows)

Riddhima: Oh, I am just doing night walk. (She said sarcastically)

"Can't she reply like normal people", Veer thought in his mind and rolled his eyes.

Vihaan tried to control his laugh but chuckle escaped his mouth. Veer glared at him and he quickly suppressed his laugh.

Veer: I was asking that, why are you still here? You should have reached your home till now. And why are you walking alone? This isn't safe to walk alone in the middle of the night. (He said in worried tone)

Riddhima: I was about to leave at 7pm only, but Sana mam gave me some extra work beacuse of which I became late and now I am not able to find any taxi. That's why I am walking, so that I can find any taxi in my way. (She explained him the whole situation)

Veer: Why would she give you extra work? Anyways, get in the car, I will drop you to your house. (He said hurriedly)

Riddhima: No, it's ok. I will handle by myself. So thanks, but no thanks. (She replied and started walking)

Veer: Hey stop. It's already 10:30. You will not find any taxi, so it's better to take lift. We will not eat you, so don't worry and get in the car. It's already very late and it's not safe to walk alone. (He said in serious voice)

Riddhima thought that it was already very late, may be he was right and she will not find any taxi. And moreover her kids were alone, so decided to take the lift.

Riddhima: Ok. (She sat opened the front door of the car and sat on the passenger seat)

Veer: Your address?

Riddhima told driver about her address, but didn't inform about the exact location. She just told him the location little far away from her house, because she didn't want them to know about her house. Driver started the car. Veer and Vihaan were little surprise to listen her address, because it was far away from market and crowded area.

Veer: Why do you live there? It's kind of deserted area. There are not much building and most importantly that is far away from market place. (He asked curiously)

Riddhima: That's why. (She muttered slowly)

Veer: What? (He wasn't able to here her)

Riddhima: Nothing. And why I live there is none of your concern. (She said in stern voice)

Veer huffed in annoyance and became quiet. All the while Vihaan was listening their cute nok-jhok.

Soon they arrived at her stated address. She came out of the car and thanked them.

*****

(Next morning)

Riddhima woke up and prepared breakfast for herself and her kids. After sometime, her kids also woke up. She made them ready and as usual they had their breakfast. After breakfast, she left for Singhania Enterprise.